This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/1460027324

May 04, 2017, 01:56 AM
46and2
Randy Travis
...has a great voice, a classic even.
May 04, 2017, 04:20 AM
ugeesta
Randy Travis is a classic. We saw him in concert 11 years ago and the show felt rather nostalgic.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.
May 04, 2017, 10:37 AM
YellowJacket
man, I love Randy Travis.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.
May 04, 2017, 12:53 PM
tatortodd
Agreed. I purchased his "On the Other Hand - All the Number Ones" a few months back and I'm glad I did.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
May 04, 2017, 07:51 PM
Gustofer
I agree. Great actor, incredible voice...just hope he can stay clean. Booze has ruined a whole lot of people.

May 04, 2017, 07:55 PM
YellowJacket
You may or may not know that he had a bad stroke a year or so ago. Pretty major, dont see him ever performing or recording again.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.
May 04, 2017, 08:01 PM
SSgt USMC/Vet
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
I agree. Great actor, incredible voice...just hope he can stay clean. Booze has ruined a whole lot of people.

The stroke he had took care of that, he will never be the same , he can hardly walk with out assistance. Its a shame because what a voice he had.
May 04, 2017, 08:08 PM
eTripper
One of my favorites was: He Walked On Water.

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch
May 04, 2017, 09:12 PM
Browndrake
Randy Travis is one of my favorites. I genuinely felt bad for him when I heard he had a drinking problem. That stroke messed him up pretty bad. It's a shame he has to go out like this.

I saw him in concert years ago. He came out on stage, stood there for a second, and then let out a smooth, "Hello Darlin'" with that deep voice of his and my sister literally gasped and jolted out of her chair like she got electroshocked. She tried to recover like nothing happened but we were already laughing our heads off!

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

May 04, 2017, 09:32 PM
CoolRich59
Sorry to hear that. I love 'Forever and Ever, Amen".

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant
May 05, 2017, 09:24 PM
jhe888
I always liked him very much.

I'm sorry he went off the deep end and had the severe stroke.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.
May 06, 2017, 07:54 AM
Skull Leader
Just bought his Greatest Hits album because of this thread.