SIGforum
Reacher on Amazon

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/1350052784

December 02, 2021, 03:20 PM
Chuck Perry
Reacher on Amazon
New series coming out, doesn't look bad. At least the actor looks the part this time around!

December 02, 2021, 03:41 PM
Flash-LB
Well, Reacher's supposed to be 6'5" tall and this guy looks like he's around that.
December 02, 2021, 03:58 PM
P250UA5
Haven't read the books nor seen the movies, but this looks pretty good.
Will be adding to my growing queue.

The Enemy's gate is down.
December 02, 2021, 04:33 PM
Strambo
Yeah that guy looks a lot more like Reacher, and he seems a decent enough actor, I’m in.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page
December 02, 2021, 05:48 PM
mrapteam666
I've watched a couple of the previews and I will watch one or two before I pass judgement.

This actor fits the height and size (6'4 and 238lbs) but in the videos he is too nice and bubbly.

Even though Tom Cruises height and weight was all wrong for the role, his gruff/seasoned demeanor was perfect.
December 02, 2021, 05:59 PM
dsiets
^^
I was thinking the same thing. He's lacking the special seasoning his past would have given him.
December 02, 2021, 06:00 PM
RichardC
Main actor's height is important to be true to the novels, sure, but will there be Rosamund Pike Cleavage® in the series?
This factor is likely more important to me than to my wife, who is quite content with Tom "Short Mort" Cruise.

December 02, 2021, 06:04 PM
dsiets
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Main actor's height is important to be true to the novels, sure, but will there be Rosamund Pike Cleavage® in the series?
This factor is likely more important to me than to my wife, who is quite content with Tom "Short Mort" Cruise.

I remember that scene. I remember that scene quite well, and why I've really been trying to give Wheel of Time it's proper chance, lol. Sadly, I don't think there is any amount of Rosamund Pike that can save WoT.
ETA: Oh, and shame on us, Richard. Big Grin
December 02, 2021, 07:00 PM
triggertreat
At least they didnt do what they did with The Equalizer!

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!
December 02, 2021, 07:39 PM
Jimbo Jones
Excellent...I'll watch. Its been a while since I read it but from what I recall this might be based on "Killing Floor"?

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.
December 02, 2021, 09:38 PM
hberttmank
I will check it out, looks like it could be decent.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock
December 02, 2021, 09:46 PM
copaup
He's a little warm and friendly, but he sure looks the part.

"I'm gonna break the hands of 3 drunk kids."
"There's four of us."
"One of you has to drive to the hospital."

That's pretty Reacher right there.
December 02, 2021, 10:55 PM
TMats
I read most of Child’s books and I was right there with you on Cruise’s size relative to the Reacher character. He was good though. I hope this guy is too.

December 03, 2021, 10:40 AM
redstone
some of the montage scenes seem to imply a much darker and violent reacher Smile

I am looking forward to it.

And just because it was brought up . . .

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson
December 03, 2021, 11:14 AM
slabsides45
I saw the preview for this and first thing I noted was that the new Reacher was waaaay too warm and cheeky for the literary version of Reacher.

Also, maybe it was just in my mind but I didn't quite have the literary Reacher being super chiseled, just being more of a naturally heavily built version of a guy. Kind of a lumberjack build, not a 5% body fat type. I can overlook that more than the behavioral oversights, I think.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers
December 03, 2021, 11:21 AM
Jimbo Jones
Yeah...this guy in the vids goes to the gym 2-3 hrs a day...doesnt really fit w Reacher's migratory lifestyle.

He also does seem a bit glib but Tom Cruise played the character w too much of a chip on his shoulder. Theres got to be a "matter of fact" middle ground.

I did however like the delivery when confronting the officious auto parts store manager demanding to see "something" (identification or credentials) and Cruise/Reacher's response was "how about the inside of an ambulance?"

quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
I saw the preview for this and first thing I noted was that the new Reacher was waaaay too warm and cheeky for the literary version of Reacher.

Also, maybe it was just in my mind but I didn't quite have the literary Reacher being super chiseled, just being more of a naturally heavily built version of a guy. Kind of a lumberjack build, not a 5% body fat type. I can overlook that more than the behavioral oversights, I think.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.
December 04, 2021, 05:57 PM
straightshooter1
I listened to a number of the Reacher novels (much better for me than reading, but....) and now I am looking forward to this series. Wife looked at the preview/trailer and thinks she'll like it, too.

I don't care for Tom, but he did the Reacher movies pretty well. He just doesn't LOOK like I imagine Reacher to look.

Bob
December 07, 2021, 01:11 PM
Citadel
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
some of the montage scenes seem to imply a much darker and violent reacher Smile

I am looking forward to it.

And just because it was brought up . . .

The fact she was pregnant during filming didn’t hurt.
December 07, 2021, 05:40 PM
cas
I never gave the other a second thought because Tom Thumb was in it.

This one I'll give a try.

December 07, 2021, 08:46 PM
KevinCW
I love the books, so I'll check it out.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."