SIGforum
Star Wars - The Last Jedi

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/1240055134

October 09, 2017, 09:17 PM
Ronin1069
Star Wars - The Last Jedi
New Star Wars trailer premiered on Monday Night Football tonight. Your thoughts?

It’s Star Wars, so I am going to be predisposed to like it…but….I get a weird vibe from it. Like Luke is trying to end the Jedi? I don’t know. I’m really looking forward to the movie. Then next year we get the Han Solo prequel, so looking forward to that as well.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
October 09, 2017, 09:32 PM
agony
So does Rey go darkside and Kylo go light?
Interesting....can't wait to see how it all plays out.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"
October 09, 2017, 09:41 PM
Peanut71
There's a freaking Pokémon on the dash of the Millenium Falcon!
October 09, 2017, 09:47 PM
Ronin1069
quote:
There's a freaking Pokémon on the dash of the Millenium Falcon!

LOL

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
October 09, 2017, 09:55 PM
Loswsmith
Tickets bought.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi
October 10, 2017, 01:40 AM
Kevbo
I reserved marathon tickets

When the force awakens came the event showed 1-6 and then premiered 7....episode 1 started at 1 am and episode 7 at 7 pm...long day but I had a blast

The marathon this time is only force awakens then the last Jedi

Should be a blast!

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?
October 10, 2017, 06:59 AM
ryan81986
Looks like they didn't trash Carrie Fisher's footage after all, which I think is a good thing.

October 10, 2017, 07:06 AM
Ronin1069
Okay guys, I love Star Wars, but not like some. I've never read any of the books so am way out of the loop when it comes to areas beyond the movie.

Last night I listened to a discussion about the new trailer and how Luke can only bring an end to the Sith, by bringing an end to the Jedi and going back to the Gray Code?

Grey Code?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
October 10, 2017, 07:13 AM
RogueJSK
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Grey Code?

Probably referring to Gray Jedi and their Code:

http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/The_Gray_Jedi_Order

http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Gray_Jedi_Code

Basically, a splinter group of Jedi in some of the Extended Universe material who don't see the Force as "good" (Light Side) vs. "evil" (Dark Side), but instead seek balance in the Force.
October 10, 2017, 07:23 AM
Ronin1069
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Grey Code?

Probably referring to Gray Jedi and their Code:

http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/The_Gray_Jedi_Order

http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Gray_Jedi_Code

Basically, a splinter group of Jedi in some of the Extended Universe material who don't see the Force as "good" (Light Side) vs. "evil" (Dark Side), but instead seek balance in the Force.

That is really cool, thanks for sharing the link. The concept makes sense, practice and understand every area of the force. Have the discipline to do the right thing.

How can the Jedi maximize their powers and defeat the Sith if they are afraid to explore the extent of their own powers. That is something that has always bugged me about Jedi.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
October 10, 2017, 08:19 AM
sigspecops
So, does Kylo kill his mother? Ughh, I can't wait. It seems Luke is almost certain that Rey won't be able to resist the dark side. This one looks like it will be much better than the last turd, I hope so.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain
October 10, 2017, 08:59 AM
Balzé Halzé
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
So, does Kylo kill his mother? Ughh, I can't wait. It seems Luke is almost certain that Rey won't be able to resist the dark side. This one looks like it will be much better than the last turd, I hope so.

By the last turd, I'm assuming you mean The Force Awakens.

And I will of course see this movie. Hopefully I'll get a chance to see it in the theater.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Balzé Halzé,

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle
October 10, 2017, 09:23 AM
OcCurt
Was that a funeral pyre? Like what we saw on Endor? With a mechanical hand pushing through the burning wood? Like what Darth Vader had?

You all laughed when I said Vader was Snark, or Spork, or Snack, or...whatever his stupid name is...but I called it-Spark is Vader!

VADER LIVES!!1! Razz
October 10, 2017, 09:53 AM
Lord Vaalic
quote:
Okay guys, I love Star Wars, but not like some. I've never read any of the books so am way out of the loop when it comes to areas beyond the movie.

Last night I listened to a discussion about the new trailer and how Luke can only bring an end to the Sith, by bringing an end to the Jedi and going back to the Gray Code?

Grey Code?

Kylo and Snoke are not necessarily Sith, we haven't seen any evidence of that. They are just Dark Jedi or Dark force users.

Anakin was the chosen one, he did bring balance to the force, he killed all but two Jedi, and two Sith. Then he killed Palpatine (Darth Sidious) and became Anakin again, "killing" Darth Vader.

Luke has seen what happens when you go dark, from his father to his nephew. Like Obi Wan he failed and his apprentice went bad and caused all kinds of havoc.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day
October 10, 2017, 10:12 AM
matai
I'm really torn about this trailer. I'll obviously see the movie, just not sure if I like the look of it so far or not. Maybe that's the point.
October 10, 2017, 12:20 PM
jsbcody
quote:
Originally posted by OcCurt:
Was that a funeral pyre? Like what we saw on Endor? With a mechanical hand pushing through the burning wood? Like what Darth Vader had?

You all laughed when I said Vader was Snark, or Spork, or Snack, or...whatever his stupid name is...but I called it-Spark is Vader!

VADER LIVES!!1! Razz

Probably Luke crawling out of the debris of his Jedi School. Then you had the scene of him and R2 watching it all burn down.
October 10, 2017, 12:59 PM
AirmanJeff
quote:
Originally posted by matai:
I'm really torn about this trailer. I'll obviously see the movie, just not sure if I like the look of it so far or not. Maybe that's the point.

I'm not a fan of the trailer and have a bad feeling about this movie.
October 10, 2017, 02:54 PM
Snake207
quote:
Originally posted by AirmanJeff:
quote:
Originally posted by matai:

I'm not a fan of the trailer and have a bad feeling about this movie.

I see what you did there... Wink

October 10, 2017, 03:25 PM
jayhalsey
This trailer did nothing to make me want to see the movie more.

That being said, I will see this movie in theaters as it is Star Wars.
October 10, 2017, 04:34 PM
ChuckFinley
quote:
Originally posted by jayhalsey:
This trailer did nothing to make me want to see the movie more.

That being said, I will see this movie in theaters as it is Star Wars.

+1

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis