SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    A MAN IN FULL. NETFLIX
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A MAN IN FULL. NETFLIX Login/Join 
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted
I am enjoying this limited series, 5 or six episodes

It has Jeff Daniels as very wealthy real estate tycoon in Atlanta, he did a great job but the "southern" accent he uses bothers me. I have never heard it while living here, maybe it's over the top on purpose for his character

Diane Lane plays his ex wife, she's still smokin hot

The overplayed racism with the cops and a Fulton county judge is dog shit though

Posts: 5370 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
From the Tom Wolfe novel

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107914 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
An amalgamation of many Georgia Tech football legends-turned-real estate developers.

The accent is atrocious and has kept me from watching it thus far. I like Diane Lane in the Tech helmet, though.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10512 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Oh wow! A Man in Full is the first ‘grown up’ book I ever read…remember loving it. Somewhere in my office I am sure that I still have a hardcover version of it. May be worth a re-read and then I’ll check out the Netflix.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12363 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I take it back about the judge, he was a hard ass. Speaking of hard.

Enjoyed it

Posts: 5370 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Oh wow! A Man in Full is the first ‘grown up’ book I ever read…remember loving it. Somewhere in my office I am sure that I still have a hardcover version of it. May be worth a re-read and then I’ll check out the Netflix.

Excellent book. But this Netflix version must be having Tom Wolfe spinning in his grave.

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1490 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post