SIGforum
Kel Tec RDB

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/9810095424

May 22, 2017, 04:09 AM
Dwill104
Kel Tec RDB
Anyone else have one of these? Went to the indoor range over the weekend for a general function check, initial sight in, and gas system adjustment. So far I'm impressed. It ran through 120 rounds without a hiccup, except when I deliberately undergassed it while I was tuning the gas system. Seems much better balanced than my AUG and definitely the Tavor. Also cheaper than both. Only nits were that the handguard got noticeably warm during a mag dump (no heat shield) and after shooting, the rear rail screw was loose (a common issue based of postings). I put some rockset on the screw, which should fix that. Think they've made some tweaks to the design over time, but mine is a recent production Rxx serial, so it should be GTG.

May 22, 2017, 07:51 AM
ARman
No, but I would like to have one. That and the AUG are really the only bullpups that I'm interested in.

I think that the Kel Tec RDB has about all that you could ask for. Fully ambitious and we'll balanced.

ARman
May 22, 2017, 07:54 AM
Kskelton
I've been tempted by the RDB just haven't pulled the trigger on buying it yet. Glad to hear you like it.

www.OneStopFirearms.com
May 22, 2017, 10:37 AM
RichardC
Wear a long sleeve shirt when shooting from the bench, and NOT synthetic, like a fishing shirt.

May 22, 2017, 03:53 PM
marksman41
There are three Kel-Tec firearms that I will eventually get - The Sub2000 (Glock mags), and both bullpups (5.56 & .308). I stopped by their booth at the NRA show and got to handle all three. Funds are needed for house and vehicle repairs/projects so can't pick any of them up right now.

May 22, 2017, 07:02 PM
TSgt_Matt
I've been recently in the market for one to go along with my RFB Hunter. There is one locally that is a "demo" from one of their other shops, but they want 1100.00 for it + tax. If it was a year ago I would've pulled the trigger but I've seen them lately on the auctions & some e-tailers for under a grand. In fact I had one in my cart at Classic and when I hit the "buy" button at the checkout I got the out of stock notice. I had the rug pulled out from under me but hopefully they'll get some more in soon. For 899.00 I think it's a pretty good buy.

FG42 Type G, Ruger GSR, P250 Compact 9mm w/45ACP Compact conversion, H&K VP9 & other cool stuff.

100% disabled veteran