SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Mason-Howe Rifle Room    Are 10/22 and 77/22 barrels interchangeable?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Are 10/22 and 77/22 barrels interchangeable? Login/Join 
Member
Picture of vthoky
posted
Based on pictures, it looks like they have the same dovetail cuts underneath, but I don’t know if the dimensions are the same.

The Shaw barrel I put on my 10/22 is great, and I’d like to duplicate it on a 77/22. I haven’t yet made time to take both apart, but I figured I’d take a minute and ask the question here before I go tearing things apart.

Thanks, all.




Politicians seem to have forgotten that they work for us, not the other way around.
— — — — — — — — — — — —
God bless America.
 
Posts: 16405 | Location: VA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
No. I tried years ago.


____________________________

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.
 
Posts: 35584 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I have a Lilja barrel on my 77/22 that I am very happy with, but they are obviously pricey.

https://riflebarrels.com/shop/...s/ruger7722/7722-lr/

According to a search, a few other manufacturers also offer aftermarket 77/22 barrels, but I did not try to confirm any.

Although chassis for 10/22 rifles are extremely common, I have long looked in vain for one to fit the 77/22.

This was an answer to an AI Gemini question about barrels:
“10/22 Compatibility Note: While 10/22 and early V-block 77/22 barrels share similar tenon dimensions, they are not directly interchangeable without modification due to differences in extractor slot placement and locking wedge geometry.”




“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato
 
Posts: 49957 | Location: 10,160 Feet Above Sea Level in Commirado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Thank you, sigfreund. And yes, that Lilja sure doe s have a price tag! Smile

Green Mountain’s 901501T has my attention right now.

As chassis goes, my 77/22 has the old “boat paddle” synthetic setup and the thin barrel. I’m wondering now how likely (read: if) the .920 barrel will fit in the boat paddle setup. I’m thinking it won’t. Confused

I do see now that Boyd’s offers an AT-One stock for 77/22. That’s mighty tempting.




Politicians seem to have forgotten that they work for us, not the other way around.
— — — — — — — — — — — —
God bless America.
 
Posts: 16405 | Location: VA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
I do see now that Boyd’s offers an AT-One stock for 77/22.

I don’t know if I ever looked at the At-One before, but it is tempting. My 77/22 with the Lilja barrel is the “All Weather” (stainless) version with laminated stock and I figured out a way to add an adjustable cheek riser, so it is currently similar to the Boyds. It serves well enough and as there’s little chance of anyone’s ever offering a chassis for a discontinued model, I’ll just love it the way it is. Smile




“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato
 
Posts: 49957 | Location: 10,160 Feet Above Sea Level in Commirado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
The AT-One is nice on my CZ. I'm sure I haven't yet taken full advantage of its... um... advantages.

quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
I’ll just love it the way it is.


In the end, that may just be the path for my old 77/22 as well. Smile




Politicians seem to have forgotten that they work for us, not the other way around.
— — — — — — — — — — — —
God bless America.
 
Posts: 16405 | Location: VA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Mason-Howe Rifle Room    Are 10/22 and 77/22 barrels interchangeable?

© SIGforum 2026