SIGforum
Post your rifle lights!

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/9690069194

May 11, 2022, 07:18 PM
flesheatingvirus
Post your rifle lights!
Just got this- my first Elzetta light and the Pup light mount. Simple cap, push for momentary high, twist the whole body (since I have the cap clamped) for constant high. The mount puts the button in a great spot. I never was a fan of the various rails you can crowd up on the end of the AUG.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --
May 11, 2022, 07:28 PM
Nismo
Here's my Surefire scout mini on a Haley/IWC Thorntail long bar mount.

May 11, 2022, 07:42 PM
Nismo
And here's one a little bit older that I don't even remember what it's called anymore.

May 11, 2022, 10:42 PM
92fstech
Cheap, but lightweight, simple, and reliable. Streamlight polytac mounted in a scope ring I had handy in the parts box.

May 12, 2022, 04:03 AM
DaBigBR
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
And here's one a little bit older that I don't even remember what it's called anymore.

Appears to be an M951 or similar. There are a ton of those out there. Lots of GWOT "liberations." They aren't bad with an LED drop-in installed.
May 12, 2022, 09:47 AM
KSGM
quote:
They aren't bad with an LED drop-in installed.

Another cool note on the 951 lights, is their IR output, with the flip-over filter on the incandescent bulb, is just as good as the IR LED output on the more contemporary SF vampire lights, to my eyes anyway.
May 12, 2022, 10:03 AM
parabellum
I have a pic of just this one, my constant companion, a Colt 6920LE. Surefire M300C in an IWC mount. That Troy rear sight has been replaced by a Daniel Defense A1.5. The ALG QMS trigger has been replaced with a Geissele SSA and the Magpul MOE grip has been replaced with an MOE+. Blue Force Gear Vickers sling.

May 12, 2022, 10:42 AM
Rey HRH
This Streamlight used to be at the 12 o'clock position; I've since moved it to the 45 degree position, left hand side.

This one is a Scout, also on the 45 degree position, left hand side.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.
May 12, 2022, 10:54 AM
TheFrontRange
My somewhat dated Viking Tactics (VTAC) mount with a SureFire. Also incorporates a small piece of rail that I don’t remember the source on. Currently mounted to a PSA 9mm AR carbine.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza
May 12, 2022, 11:33 AM
RogueJSK
I have Inforce WML/WMLx lights on most of my defensive rifles. (These photos are older; a couple of the lights have been replaced with the updated Gen 2 models, in the same configuration.)

I also have one with a Surefire TLR RL in a similar 45* mount, but I don't have any photos handy of that one at this time.

I used to have similar setups to most of the other posters, with a handheld light in a ring mount, and that worked okay for several years. I've just found that the dedicated rifle lights like the WML/WMLx or TLR RL with slanted thumb buttons work best for me, and are easier to get mounted into the perfect position to work with my stance and grip.

May 12, 2022, 02:33 PM
GCE61
Crappy pic, but you get the idea:

On Mossberg shotguns, an Inforce Light on a GG&G mount
On a 9mm PCC, a Surefire on a Viking Tactical Mount
And on most of the AR's, a Streamlight Protac Rail Mount 2 on BCM angle mounts, with the pressure switch pad.

May 12, 2022, 03:26 PM
M4Super90
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I used to have similar setups to most of the other posters, with a handheld light in a ring mount, and that worked okay for several years. I've just found that the dedicated rifle lights like the WML/WMLx or TLR RL with slanted thumb buttons work best for me, and are easier to get mounted into the perfect position to work with my stance and grip.

Exact same experience as Rogue. All my defensive rifles are set up this way.

115 + 115 = 230
May 12, 2022, 03:40 PM
old rugged cross
I really like the USA made FSB Elzetta mount. It is cheap and well made. I see no reason to go any other route myself. Simple, effective, cheap, well made and USA made.
Put the light of your choice in it and you are good to go.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"
May 12, 2022, 10:32 PM
MikeinNC

I just use a TLR light, the carbine has trijicon front sight post for low light.

I already had the light. And I’ve moved it to the left side of the tube so I can bump the switch with my thumb ..it has a momentary setting or a always on position.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker
May 12, 2022, 10:46 PM
dry-fly
Cloud Defensive OWL

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...
May 14, 2022, 05:36 PM
MikeGLI

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MikeGLI,

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.
May 17, 2022, 05:56 PM
Black92LX
quote:
Originally posted by M4Super90:

*****Fanboy On******
I’d like for Haley to do another run of their marked Inforces.
I did not get one last time and wish I would have.

They are currently out of their MLOK offset Thorntail at the moment and I am
On the notify list.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!
May 18, 2022, 10:22 AM
Snake207
Vikings Tactics Light Mount with 600 lumen Surefire on my main rifle - DD V7

SCAR has a SureFire M720V-TN RAID.

May 18, 2022, 11:57 AM
RogueJSK
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:

Initially, the default Gen 1 WML was constant only. Haley's variant version was momentary only. So if you wanted momentary WML, like I did, you had to get the Haley branded one.

Now, with the Gen 2 WML, there's a toggle switch on the side that lets you switch between Constant and Momentary. So there's no longer two models.

So unless it's just the little dragonfly logo you're after, the Gen 2 WMLs do everything the Haley WML did, plus some.

And if it's just the dragonfly logo you're after, I'll trade one of my Gen 1 Haley WMLs for a Gen 2 WML.
May 18, 2022, 01:37 PM
Black92LX
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:

Initially, the default Gen 1 WML was constant only. Haley's variant version was momentary only. So if you wanted momentary WML, like I did, you had to get the Haley branded one.

Now, with the Gen 2 WML, there's a toggle switch on the side that lets you switch between Constant and Momentary. So there's no longer two models.

So unless it's just the little dragonfly logo you're after, the Gen 2 WMLs do everything the Haley WML did, plus some.

And if it's just the dragonfly logo you're after, I'll trade one of my Gen 1 Haley WMLs for a Gen 2 WML.

Interesting I was not aware of all the differences in generations.
And yes it is more of just the logo. But I do prefer a momentary light. I spoke with the folks at Haley and there won’t be any more Inforce’s with their logo on it.
So I may take you up on that offer.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!