SIGforum
Sight screw help needed [Oh how I hate Bubba!] Update in last post

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/9650030694

November 05, 2022, 02:13 PM
kz1000
Sight screw help needed [Oh how I hate Bubba!] Update in last post
Trying to install a Parker Hale target sight on my P14 Remington. It uses the same screw as the battle sight. But Bubba staked the right side Mad and I can't keep it from turning. Any suggestions? An easy job made difficult.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kz1000,

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris
November 05, 2022, 02:39 PM
P250UA5
Not sure how small that is, but could you modify a flathead screwdriver into a forked flathead to get the flats on opposite sides of the punch?

The Enemy's gate is down.
November 05, 2022, 02:44 PM
sigfreund
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
could you modify a flathead screwdriver

I was going to suggest careful work with a Dremel cutoff wheel or a file, but that seems like a better place to start.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato
November 06, 2022, 05:11 AM
egregore
quote:
flathead screwdriver into a forked flathead

Better to mess up a screwdriver (probably more than one) than risk cutting into the rifle.
November 06, 2022, 09:35 PM
Sweet Chuckie
With a bit of patience, and a set of good die sinker files, you can easily remove the "punched" metal from the screwdriver slot. If it was here, I could do it in around 5 minutes.
November 07, 2022, 02:24 AM
Excam_Man
They make 1/4 spanner bits. One of them might be close enough to work.

November 07, 2022, 05:04 PM
Nismo
Get yourself a spanner set.

If they don't fit properly, get the closest one that does, and file/dremel it until it fits.
November 07, 2022, 06:37 PM
P250UA5
^ learn something new every day

The Enemy's gate is down.
November 12, 2022, 01:14 PM
kz1000
Update. It's installed, but the stock sight screw is too short, not tightening. The search continues. Thanks all for the advice.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris