SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Updated G.A. Precision "Rock" and 169 Gr. SMK's general comments...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Updated G.A. Precision "Rock" and 169 Gr. SMK's general comments... Login/Join 
posted
Gents,

Took my updated "Rock" to the range 10/11/2024. The scope was updated to a Nightforce ATACR MOAR 5 x 25 power scope. Here is the picture on the bench:

Also, tested my new, very accurate load .308 in rifle. It shoots very well.

Load:

169 Gr. Sierra Match King
42.2 Gr./IMR-4064
Lapua Brass (new)
Fed 210 M Primer
OAL: 2.87"
Velocity: 2,720 FPS/ES 10 FPS

All in all a very good day...

Wes

Posts: 2463 | Location: Salem, OR | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Very nice. 100 yards?

6.4/93.6
“Cet animal est très méchant, quand on l’attaque il se défend.”

Posts: 47760 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice rig, nice round, nice target. Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 4775 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Looks like you've got a good recipe there Wes.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 7039 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
GA Precision and Nightforce ATACR -- it doesn't get much better.

quote:
Originally posted by Weshowe:
Also, tested my new, very accurate load .308 in rifle.

hmmm....
You first posted that target picture with that load recipe on 8/20/2023, and then a few times later. I'm not certain I'd call it a "new" load. I don't recall your stating the distance to the target.

Do you have any recent targets? Lots of ammo on that bench, including a box of FGMM 175.

Posts: 8040 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
fritz and all,

New picture of the rifle with the upgraded ATACR scope. Ammo tested was FGMM 175 Gr SMK's and my load of 169 gr. SMK's. Yardage was 100 yards, although I have some 600-yard tests coming up for my rifles but have limited test windows of availability. Most of my testing is done at 100 yards, because it's what I have available.

I'm testing my new G.A. Precision "Crusader" this Friday and will report back on that.

Also, I have mobility issues so that enters into the picture, too.

More new pics coming and Chrono data, but it's hard guys. I'll try to do better for you.

Wes

Posts: 2463 | Location: Salem, OR | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
tested my new, very accurate load .308 in rifle. It shoots very well.

It certainly looks like it, very nice rifle with very nice results. Awesome. Cool

Posts: 23263 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post