SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    New LMT MWS in my possession.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New LMT MWS in my possession. Login/Join 
posted
I picked up this gem today (thanks Don) and immediately went to the range to see how it would compare to my Noveske N6. Both guns have 2.5-10x 32 optics so they were equally matched power wise, although the NF was much brighter and clear than the PST. The PST is no slouch though. Anyway, I shot both guns at 100yds with my hand loads consisting of 168gr SMK in Hornady brass, over 44gr Shooters World Precision power and a benchrest primer. Accuracy was outstanding in both guns. The LMT shot tighter groups which kind of surprised me as I have shot better groups out of the Noveske with the same load. Both guns are shooters for sure and loved my hand loads.

First group LMT
[/u.rl]

Second group LMT
[/url

Noveske N6 group

]

This message has been edited. Last edited by: usncorpsman,

Posts: 1101 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
That's an earlier LMT MWS...Nice! Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8919 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
Hmm, a first Generation MWS...interesting. Clone builders would be all over that.

Posts: 10833 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
For the clueless among us, which is which?
Ooops, never mind.
I was finally able to make out the lettering on the LMT. But then I have a very large screen.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
For the clueless among us, which is which?
Ooops, never mind.

For those in the same boat:

Noveske: MLOK
LMT: Cheese grater

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1959 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^To add, the LMT MWS is distinguished by the MRP (Monolithic Rail Platform) Upper Receiver Cool

Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8919 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Very cool. Congrats on the rifle. Is that a stainless or CL barrel on the LMT.

My 16 stainless LMT barrel shot under an inch as well.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6976 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 30PlusRetlaw
posted Hide Post
Beautiful rifle. I bought LMT monolithic some 15 years ago That is a safe queen now since prices kept going up on LMT rifles. It was my first rifle and I move on to build my own. I used the LMT as my reference rifle. Seen your picture, it makes me want to shoo it.

"What I would die for?
My faith, my family, my friends, my freedom and my flag" Tony Zinni

Posts: 3291 | Location: Some where close to some one | Registered: March 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Knowing how heavy my 16" (and even 11.5") MRP is, I can only imagine what sort of a pig that MWS is! Big Grin

Looks like an awesome rifle. I've got a growing soft spot for large frame ARs.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Well, there's a reason you almost never see an MWS w/o a Bipod... Razz

Live Free or Die!

You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
It's a little piggy. Someday I'll get the LW barrel.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6976 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on a great rifle

Posts: 6891 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post