Find
Notify
Tools

Pmags Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What good do you think this does? Are you that thin-skinned? I'm not going to address this with you any further.

How about this? Take your time, use the search feature, provide evidence to back up your claim, and I'll take back what I said.

You seem to be completely ignoring the fact that you started this with the following post:
quote:
Be careful....Don't say Pmags fail on this forum...You will get ripped apart.
I'm very confident this is simply not true, but, you show me evidence of this "ripping apart" you claimed happens around here over the subject of Pmags, and I'll eat my words.

Take your time. Tomorrow, the next day, any time soon.

If you don't think this is fair, then, you're just not serious about it.

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Been here since 2007, picks a fight with the owner now. Smart move!

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
The MFT thread from May?
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...960057184#7960057184

You're not really holding a grudge on that are you?

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If that's his idea of being "ripped apart"...

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
How's it coming with that evidence, snowflake? I would think the opportunity to make me eat my words would be highly motivating for you.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
crickets

very touchy crickets

Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
What about Lancer mags? Interesting design, but PMAGs do have more of a track record. I was curious to try one. Currently, most of my mags are aluminum C-Products, but I was going to expand my PMAG inventory.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
What about Lancer mags? Interesting design, but PMAGs do have more of a track record. I was curious to try one. Currently, most of my mags are aluminum C-Products, but I was going to expand my PMAG inventory.

Lancer were always good back when I spent more time researching the products I wanted to sell. Lancer's were very popular. I believe the L5 model or something it was called.

Personally, I am to the point where I prefer whatever quality mag I can get cheapest. I PREFER the better stacking and storing capability of USGI mags, but I don't pass up PMAGs when I can get a good price. Was just able to get 10 for 80$ from PSA so I added it to the order.

I'm at a good 50/50 split of USGI and PMAGs. Not by design, just worked out that way. And I'm still "using" the same 5-6 pmags I first bought, the other 50 or so are still brand new. So I have 100% confidence in both PMAGS and USGI to do what they are intended to do. Last a long time then get thrown away.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6314 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
What about Lancer mags?

The military tested them and they failed. Not even close to gen 3 PMAGS in reliability.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mettlepig:

Feel free to back up your claim that i am a "Snowflake".

That you're still going on about it seems proof enough.

Posts: 3659 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
secure the Blessings of Liberty
Picture of rackrack
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
quote:
What about Lancer mags?

The military tested them and they failed. Not even close to gen 3 PMAGS in reliability.

Do you have a link to where you learned this so we could read more about it?

Posts: 1456 | Location: NC | Registered: February 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19158 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rackrack
posted Hide Post
quote:

There's no mention of Lancer in either of those articles other than speculations and opinions in the comments, much less any statement that Lancer failed the test.

Posts: 1456 | Location: NC | Registered: February 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
As far as I know Magpul is the only one to come out and say who they were in that test.
They were given Foxtrot.
Official Report
I vaguely remember discussions on this on arfcom or m4carbine where Magpul was answering questions about it.

Picture of rackrack
posted Hide Post
I'm familiar with that report. Bear in mind that test was specific to M855A1 ammunition and to state that Lancer mags are "Not even close to gen 3 PMAGS in reliability" based on that test is misleading.

If we were to make the assumption that Lancer mags are inferior based on that test, then we would have to also assume that all mags other than PMAGS are also inferior.

That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
As someone that has many, many, many tens of thousands of rounds down range in the AR15 rifle, I will side with the military report. PMAG gen 3 is the cream of the crop mag. I have had Lancer mags shit the bed. Personally. Seen it with my own eyes. I WANTED the Lancer mags to be superior. But they are not.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. If your life is on the line , you should have gen 3 PMAGS in your rifle.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
quote:
’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. If your life is on the line , you should have gen 3 PMAGS in your rifle.

Ah yes. All those aluminum GI mags in service where no lives where on the line thankfully.

I am completely comfortable with them and Lancers as my go to mags for whatever the case may be.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19158 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
As someone that has many, many, many tens of thousands of rounds down range in the AR15 rifle
I have had Lancer mags shit the bed. Personally. Seen it with my own eyes.

Curious as to the failures...
...failures with updated, current version of the mag?

Failing to feed, broken housing, bad springs, spreading, baseplates breaking, jamming, etc. ?

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
quote:
’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. If your life is on the line , you should have gen 3 PMAGS in your rifle.

Ah yes. All those aluminum GI mags in service where no lives where on the line thankfully.

The Marines issue gen 3 PMAGS.

I have a ton of GI aluminum mags and they are good too, but not as good as gen 3 PMAGS. Which is all I was saying. If you have a CHOICE, and your life is on the line, you should pick the best mag for your rifle. Which is the gen 3 PMAG.