SIGforum
Does anyone else have a rifle that they want to like, but don't? (CZ Scorpion love/hate inside)

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/9580060384

July 09, 2021, 11:30 AM
BB61
Does anyone else have a rifle that they want to like, but don't? (CZ Scorpion love/hate inside)
I've had one since shortly after they were imported. It has had the 922r and SBR treatment along with HBI and CZ custom upgrades. It's been flawless. To me the recoil impulse is not an issue but I grew up shooting the original Browning Auto-5. I've shot real MP5s and MPXs on full auto several times. While the MP5 is smoother shooting, it's not worth the extra $$$ in my opinion. I was not impressed with the MPX. It's over priced IMHO.

July 09, 2021, 01:29 PM
mojojojo
As much as I hate to say it, my Rock Island Arsenal 1903 rifle (made in 1918). I just don't see all the fuss over the 1903. IMO the M1917 was a much better rifle, but that's just me.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.
July 10, 2021, 08:30 PM
bryanZ06
quote:
Originally posted by bryanZ06:
Reptilia Link is on the way. I’ll post an update once it comes in and I have a chance to get to the range.

Quick follow up, but no range trip yet. The Reptilia Link came in yesterday. Initial impressions are good. No movement at all unlike the factory stock and the buttpad is considerably wider. The factory low irons seem like they will end up working with this setup as well. I'm hoping to get to the range soon and see how it goes there.
July 18, 2021, 09:42 PM
c_zielsdorf
Never shot a scorpion, but my stamped Stribog rocks. Runs all day long and provides many giggles when suppressed!

Disabled combat vet
July 26, 2021, 09:24 PM
JoshNC
quote:
Originally posted by m499:
If you decide to go the MP5 route, def get one with a welded optics rail. Otherwise they're a PITA to mount a red dot.

B&T optic rails are easy to install on guns with the correctly cut mounting interface. Most clones lack the cuts. I hate welded optic rails on an MP5. It just doesn’t look right to me.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald
July 26, 2021, 11:11 PM
10X-Shooter
One of the last firearms I wanted to like but didn’t was a Beretta Vertec pistol. For some reason I just didn’t shoot it well at all. Made no sense to me at all. I’ve always been a decent shooter but something about it….
September 05, 2021, 12:11 PM
bryanZ06
Long overdue update, but I finally got back to the range this morning for the first time in two months.

The Reptilia/Zhukov totally changed the feel of the gun. The recoil impulse seems lighter with the additional width of the recoil pad, and the flat top of the stock eliminates the cheek slap I was experiencing with the angle in the factory stock.

I had no issues with the factory mags failing to feed at all. I'll more than likely stay with OEM mags for the gun given the issues last time when using the PMAGs.