SIGforum
AR rifle or pistol?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/9430071874

December 31, 2020, 09:52 PM
4x5
AR rifle or pistol?
OK - I bought a spare lower a couple of years ago, planning to build an AR pistol, for no reason other than they were kind of a big deal a few years ago. I'm at the point now where I want to build something, but I can't decide between a rifle (which I already have) or a pistol. I really have no need for either, other than to pass on to my kids if the need ever arises. So...rifle? or pistol?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 4x5,

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ
December 31, 2020, 11:19 PM
Il Cattivo
If it's a "just because" build, then I'd be tempted to say you ought to go with a pistol chambered in a fun (as in, bigger than or faster than the 5.56x45mm) caliber. At the same time, one can always convert a pistol into a rifle but the federales seem to have a problem with converting a rifle into a pistol.
December 31, 2020, 11:23 PM
P-220
Pistol.

I put together a 10.5" .300 Blk pistol last year. No, I did not need, it but wanted one.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve
January 01, 2021, 10:05 AM
ARMT Guy
Pistol.

After assembling hundreds of AR pistols for others, I figured I'd do one up for myself.

11.5" that's a little bit budget and a little bit higher-end.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

January 01, 2021, 10:08 AM
rscalzo
At this point you have to build based on whatever parts you can find. My friend who is a dealer here in NH can't find any barrels.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net
January 01, 2021, 10:30 AM
4x5
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
At this point you have to build based on whatever parts you can find. My friend who is a dealer here in NH can't find any barrels.

There's a store local to me that has all the components to build several Aero rifles or pistols. Everything except BCG's.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ
January 01, 2021, 05:04 PM
MikeinNC
Pistol.
Now you have a rifle and a pistol in the same caliber!

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker