SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Could MPX Mags Be Made By Anyone??
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Could MPX Mags Be Made By Anyone?? Login/Join 
Banned
posted
I was thinking that that market has to be pretty good right now. There are mags for Glock that are not made by Glock. The same for CZ.

Selfishly I think that $65 is a lot of money. Does using any other manufacturer's magazine void the warranty.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
MPX mags are made by Lancer. I don’t think any other company makes MPX compatible magazines. Frown

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Could they? Physically yes.

I am not sure why someone like Magpul or ETS doesn't.

There can't be that many more CZ Scorpions in the hands of consumers and MPXs.

Also, if a department, for some reason had MPXs, I would think a $20 magazine would go over really well with the same bean counters who'd buy a $15 Magpul Glock magazine over a $20 factory Glock magazine.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I was recently looking for a CZ Scorpion pistol to turn into a Kurz look. They were very hard to find. My two main stores both said they sell them as fast as they can get them. The only one sitting on a shelf was an FDE one.

Conversely, they both MPX's hanging on the wall. I see Scorpions regularly and have yet to see an MPX out in the wild. So I'll disagree and say I'll bet there are exponentially more CZ's in gun safes around the US than MPX's.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I knew market segment had to be a consideration. Still...

Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
There can't be that many more CZ Scorpions in the hands of consumers and MPXs.

I bet the Scorpion outsells the MPX by quite a bit.

Take a look at the aftermaket for the Scorpion.

MPX is twice the cost, mags are 3 times the cost...not to mention the Gen 1, 2 etc BS

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3580 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Around here the dealers sell a lot of Scorpions they seem to sell as fast as they get them in. The MPX just don't seem to sell very fast when they get one in.

Posts: 2675 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
So I'll disagree and say I'll bet there are exponentially more CZ's in gun safes around the US than MPX's.

That may be true, it's been a while since I've worked the counter.

Still, I would think there would be a market for cheaper aftermarket MPX magazines, even if the Scorpion market is relatively bigger.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hell, I am certainly in the market for some decent priced mags.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Maybe the high priced magazines cost Sig some market share. Some segments are very price sensitive, as we all know who have placed ads in the Classifieds Wink .

At triple the cost, it took me some time to acquire my goal number for mags. I just hope all of that advice that the Gen1 mags would work in a Gen2 MPX was true. . Actually, so far so good.

I bet Magpul is out with MPX mags before 2020. Magpul is selling mags to MCX users in pretty good numbers. How many MCX users own an MPX in some form.? Marketing should be able figure that out. Oh, what about goobermints around the world and the market that they could provide in a segment that is very price aware.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
It's all numbers and Return on investment.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrmn50:

At triple the cost, it took me some time to acquire my goal number for mags.

out of curiosity.... how many?

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1522 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
advice that the Gen1 mags would work in a Gen2 MPX

don't on mine, but others report some amount of hope...

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
quote:
Originally posted by mrmn50:

At triple the cost, it took me some time to acquire my goal number for mags.

out of curiosity.... how many?

I got 5 20 rounders when I bought the MPX here on the Forum from a dealer in the Classifieds. it was lightly used and in excellent shape. Since then, I have purchased 10 30 rounders and 4 ten rounders. So, that is where I am right now.

The Gen1 mags have worked w/o a hitch so SFSG/

Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I dropped Manticore arms a note on the MPX mags. Since I know they did ones for the EVO.

Their response:

quote:
Thanks for the feedback. Due to the seemingly constant changes to the MPX design (and even magazines) we have held off on that one, but yeah, a more reasonably priced magazine for that gun certainly would be nice!

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8835 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
Magpul will likely flood the supply with them at some point, around $25 each I'd imagine. Hope so at least. Otherwise it's like searching for a needle in a haystack to find them at a decent price here and there.

Posts: 819 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’d love to see Magpul come through, but I doubt it. They only get involved with guns that are owned by mega millions of people. ARs, AKs, Glocks, Rem 700.

Posts: 1070 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
It's probably a 5 to 1 ratio for us. A $800 price point is a lot easier to stomach than a $1700 one, though the MPX at that price will have a brace and can be modified with any number of AR-market parts.

Most of our EVO customers will admit that they would rather have the MPX--metal still rules in the mind of subgun owners, and even with just those lusting--but the budgetary hit in going with the SIG simply isn't in the cards. That said, for the foreseeable future until our state's evil legislature goes full Commie and restricts mag capacity we're not particularly worried about sales of the MPX as people will scramble to get what they can so to be grandfathered in when our 2A freedoms are again hacked away at.

One notable exception to that price aversion model has been the SP5K; with its vaunted 'HK' name, I can sell every frickin' one I can get my hands on, which isn't nearly enough. Other local dealers don't seem to have any problems either, with HKs or clones. The shadow of the MP5 is a long one.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
quote:

The 6 gen 1 mags I have work just as fine as the 2 gen 2 mags that came with the gun.

Only feeding issues I have ever had with the gun were with very light 147gr, but those were definitely ammo issues, not the mags.

On the topic, since Magpul is introducing a bunch of Scorpion accessories, including mags, this year, I wouldn't be surprised if we see MPX mags down the road. I doubt there'd be a bunch of other MPX accessories, but maybe mags.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
quote:

My gen 1 mags are horrible in my gen 2.

Posts: 612 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: March 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post