SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Does anyone use KNS perma pin on their AR BCG?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anyone use KNS perma pin on their AR BCG? Login/Join 
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted
KNS Perma pin

I have seen these and seem to have mixed reviews. I was just wondering if any of my forum friends use this?

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I subscribe to the KISS principal. Out of the many thousand rounds I have fired through an AR, I have never had an issue with the little cotter pin.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I've never used one, but I carry one in my spare parts kit.

It's based on the original Stoner M16 retaining pin.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pepsiblue
posted Hide Post
I bought a used upper from a former member here a few years ago, and it had one previously installed. No issues at all.

10mm lays waste to entire cities, cuts through diamonds and will tear Superman a new asshole. - Parabellum

Sex offenders can not be rehabilitated. It's in their wiring. They should not be released back into the general public. On the other hand they should not be warehoused either. I think they should be executed.....Spectre

When someone tries to kill you, it doesn't matter how they are doing it. You're in mortal danger, and it's time to try to kill them back.

Arc.
___

Kill every last one of these goddamned animals. We need a president with balls. We need leadership. We should be carpet bombing these barbarians wherever we find them, and we should be looking for them 24/7. We have to unleash Hell upon them. They understand nothing but death, so death is what we should bring them, wholesale.... Para

I left "practical" behind many years ago. It was covered with my first Glock 19. (Fredward)

Posts: 2495 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: July 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
One of my local stores has some in stock. I thought about trying it out. Although, I haven't had any trouble with the regular pin. I wonder why they switched to the newer pin away from this one since this was part of the original design?

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
If it's not broken, why fix it? Thousands of rounds through several ARs and never had one issue with a plain old cotter pin.

Posts: 1812 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a solution in search of a problem.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10491 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I just saw it at the shop and was curious. Hence, why I asked here. I haven't had any issues with my pin. Just wondering what everyone thought.

Thanks guys for your thoughts and posting!

Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BennerP220:
One of my local stores has some in stock. I thought about trying it out. Although, I haven't had any trouble with the regular pin. I wonder why they switched to the newer pin away from this one since this was part of the original design?
Probably because a cotter pin is common as dirt, and cheaper?

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
That's a good point, too.

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I've used a few.
They fit flatter, look nicer but I have had a problem with it staying in.
Works fine when in but can easily fall out during a BCG removal.
It could be I goofed up the end tab or it just may be on a particular carrier - can't remember.
Overall it is a minor annoyance but not a major problem and not on all carriers as far as I remember.

Posts: 22907 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Good info. Thank you.

quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
I've used a few.
They fit flatter, look nicer but I have had a problem with it staying in.
Works fine when in but can easily fall out during a BCG removal.
It could be I goofed up the end tab or it just may be on a particular carrier - can't remember.
Overall it is a minor annoyance but not a major problem and not on all carriers as far as I remember.

That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Its the original design, and would be included with every AR15 every built if not for government penny pinchers getting involved and deciding to save 10 cents per gun.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post