SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Glock Carbine revealed- GR115F
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock Carbine revealed- GR115F Login/Join 
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted
Looks like another AR-15 to me Confused

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3440 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Was just watching that video. Seems its a British military contract. Nope. I watched Mrgunsandgear.. Cool

Posts: 17889 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
It doesnt even have finger grooves Razz
If they released this in the US it would be the top selling rifle in a year. You know having Glock on the side means its gonna work.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."

Posts: 3440 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I’ll buy one.

I don’t really care about the arguments against it. I’ve got several pistol caliber carbines and I know that nothing Glock can produce can arguably be better than anything I own; but I’ll still buy one made by Glock.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Make it in 10mm.

Posts: 11349 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If they make a Civilian unit I would seriously consider buying one. Glock sees the number of AR-15 owners in the US and I am guessing this would provide a great market for folks who want an affordable AR style rifle in 9mm and we cannot forget that the PCC Division is the fastest growing division in Steel Challenge and second fastest growing division in IDPA matches, second only to Carry Optics.

Would hope the price point would be $900 or less and it would utilize the current Glock 17/19 9mm type magazines.

Posts: 3236 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I can’t imagine that it wouldn’t be successful in the civilian market. Based on what I’ve seen, there are large numbers of shooters who are ignorant enough to think because it’s a Glock, “Oh, finally: a reliable AR; at long last!” Roll Eyes
But based on the one video that mentions all the new patents Glock is requesting on the gun, it may actually be an improvement in some small ways.

But do I understand that some people believe it to be a pistol cartridge weapon? I suppose that’s something that might come along at some point, but no military unit run by anyone with more than a couple of ounces of brain power is going to adopt that as a primary weapon.

6.4/93.6

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 47357 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Looks interesting, depending on price point.

Posts: 9942 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:

But do I understand that some people believe it to be a pistol cartridge weapon?

No, but it would be slick in 10mm. Smile

Posts: 11349 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4sigman
posted Hide Post
Interesting. I notice that he must be unaware that Sig has been using that style of ambi bolt catch / bolt release on some models of M400 for a while now. And it is also on the MCX LT.

Posts: 273 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: April 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Source seems to be less than credible.

Posts: 1787 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stlhead:
You're a kind man

Posts: 107228 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:

But do I understand that some people believe it to be a pistol cartridge weapon? I suppose that’s something that might come along at some point, but no military unit run by anyone with more than a couple of ounces of brain power is going to adopt that as a primary weapon.

Not sure where folks are pulling that from either. The military contract everyone is claiming this is competing for specifies the rifle to be built for 5.56x45 NATO 62gr ball SS109 ammo.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
You're a kind man

That CRS fella is a bit on the interesting side but MrGunsandGear does a nice breakdown of why this may actually be legit.
Not saying it is not faked but if it is someone went to really far lengths to fake it.

Not going to lie if it comes to market I am in for a Blue Label!

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25336 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:

^^^^^^ Amen. Glad somebody said it out loud. There is no defensive or offensive scenario where I would choose a carbine-sized weapon in a pistol caliber.

Posts: 10725 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm disappointed.

I like my 6 Glock pistols. So much, that I trust Glock as a duty weapon and my off duty as well, my wife also trusts Glock to carry one as her CCW.
Always goes bang when I need it to, and puts that little piece of copper & lead where I want it to...
I'll assume the Glock Carbine will probably do the same...
Now can someone tell me how THIS Carbine is any different or better than the hundred or so other Carbine makers out there?
H&K, LMT, Bravo, Daniel Defense, Noveski, Colt, Windham, Rock River, LWRC, LaRue..........

I was hoping Glock would go do something different.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8313 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
quote:

Maybe but at this time yesterday he was the only/first source with a video. Since then MrGunsandGear posted his and Glocks patents they applied for matched up perfectly with the components in this rifle. I think its real, but that doesnt mean it will be mass produced or ever be made available to civilians.

Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
I'm disappointed.

I like my 6 Glock pistols. So much, that I trust Glock as a duty weapon and my off duty as well, my wife also trusts Glock to carry one as her CCW.
Always goes bang when I need it to, and puts that little piece of copper & lead where I want it to...
I'll assume the Glock Carbine will probably do the same...
Now can someone tell me how THIS Carbine is any different or better than the hundred or so other Carbine makers out there?
H&K, LMT, Bravo, Daniel Defense, Noveski, Colt, Windham, Rock River, LWRC, LaRue..........

I was hoping Glock would go do something different.

This carbine if an actual thing was specifically made/designed to fit the parameters of a very specific contract.
Not much chance of doing anything much different.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25336 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Another AR-15 to market. Can't wait. Lol.

Q

Posts: 26188 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Another AR-15 to market. Can't wait. Lol.

I’m not convinced this will make it to market. There’s a number of models they’ve made for agency contracts that they didn’t put on the civilian market, and the 19X as released was not the same iteration they submitted for the MHS trials. Maybe it makes it to market, but I have no problem believing it never will.

Posts: 17044 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post