SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Anyone used these Remington 742/750/74/7400/7600/740/760/30.06/270 10 Round Magazine
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone used these Remington 742/750/74/7400/7600/740/760/30.06/270 10 Round Magazine Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Wanting a couple long action magazines for my 7600. Not really in the mood to pay the $150+ a piece on eBay for the factory mags.
These 10 rounders (not ideal) but only $30.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Remin...id=711-127632-2357-0

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25410 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
wow, i did not know they even made 10 round mags for my 760

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I just learned this myself tonight.

————————————————

Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
Those I don't know about, but my brother had some made by a company called Eagle. They were 10-round capacity and made of translucent smoke Lucite or some hard plastic. They were ugly but tough and worked fine. Don't know if they're still made, but might be worth looking for as an alternative.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus Dei:
Those I don't know about, but my brother had some made by a company called Eagle. They were 10-round capacity and made of translucent smoke Lucite or some hard plastic. They were ugly but tough and worked fine. Don't know if they're still made, but might be worth looking for as an alternative.

I actually have one of those somewhere around here. I bought it probably 20 years ago at the Dayton gun show just because I had never seen one.
So ugly and so does not seem like it should be for the gun I have never used it.
I have fed rounds through it a number of times and it makes the action pretty rough feeling.
https://www.abidearmory.com/re...-10-round-eagle-mag/

————————————————

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
These look like copies of Triple K mags (says they are unbranded in the listing) that themselves have mixed reviews. In fairness, they are probably as reliable as the original design which has always been the bane of the Remington auto loader. I have a buddy with a Remmy that he describes as NEVER being fully reliable in factory trim- keep us appraised if you end up getting any of these. I’m sure he’d be happy to make his run right, seeing as how Remington never could.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I have the 7600 which is a pump so hopefully feeding will not be too much of an issue.
Brownell’s has the TripleK branded ones for $33.
May give one a go.

————————————————

Picture of PowerBook
posted Hide Post
I have a Remington Model 6 in 30-06.
It was my first and only high powered rifle and it is simply the best. I only have one magazine for it and have been looking for a few more.

The prices are crazy if you can find them.

Posts: 1777 | Location: Ashburn, VA USA | Registered: June 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
eBay is awash with factory mags but start about $150.

————————————————