SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Good day at the Farm match today
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good day at the Farm match today Login/Join 
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted
Medium distance steel. Wind, lots of wind 10-11 MPH. Mainly at 12 o'clock, but switching to 10-11 as well. Did fine on the first target array - ~385 yards, but just could not nail down the final 0.5 MOA plate in the wind. Second array, ~ 485 yards, got only one hit with a full value wind that seems to come and go at random (Well that's what the wind does isn't it?) Wind truly kicked my keister.

Third array, 515 yards cleaned in 62 seconds - YAY! Fourth Array - 550 yards cleaned in less than a minute. Considering the time I have had to practice, not too bad. Makes my aching back tolerable.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20385 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wind has kicked my keister too on more then one occasion, no doubt it will again.

Arrays, large to small plates? Limited rounds? Sounds like fun!

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by offgrid:
Wind has kicked my keister too on more then one occasion, no doubt it will again.

Arrays, large to small plates? Limited rounds? Sounds like fun!

Yes, large to small, timed courses, limited rounds per target.

Fun!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20385 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post