SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Geissle SSA vs G2S
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Geissle SSA vs G2S Login/Join 
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted
The SSA is laser etched and every trigger is magnetic particle tested, the G2S is I think the same trigger without etching and only batch tested. The SSA is $245 and the G2S is $170. Any reason to buy the SSA over the G2S for $75 more?

I think Brownell's has the same trigger as the G2S called the B-G2S-E for $159.99.

Posts: 7603 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Either way, if you can be patient, you can often obtain the SSA for between 159-170 during seasonal sales. Easter was the most recent, but I would almost guarantee it'll be available for that price at either Memorial Day or Father's Day. Maybe sooner. I have an SSA and a G2S, but don't have enough experience to give definitive comparison.

Posts: 2033 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Reading on other forum, I ran across someone who got a defective one of the G2S, but it the defect was removed and it worked. So maybe for less money spent, you don't get the same level of inspection and have a greater chance of getting a defective part in the assembly.

Not waiting on a sale, I ordered a G2S yesterday.

Posts: 7603 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You will routinely see SSAs and/ or SSA-Es on sale around $188. Wait for the sales

Posts: 5190 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Not exactly what you are after but, can’t beat this price.

PSA strikes again

$169 for SSA-E with free shipping

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3645 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
David W - Thanks for that link. I ended up getting a complete lower with an SSA-E installed for $299 plus shipping.

Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
SSA-E $159.99 at Brownells today.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Been curious about this myself. If it's indeed the same trigger and you're just spinning the wheel on a defect making it through, then the G2S on sale is a stellar deal. I picked up two last year for I think a hair under $90 each. If anything ever goes wrong with them, Geissele should take care of me, so I'm not that worried about it.

Posts: 17451 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
It seems the difference is less QA (batch checked vs each trigger) and a different hammer pin seat while the ALG ACT Trigger is Mil-Spec heavy with a nickel-ish treatment.

Posts: 4371 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
Brownell’s Geissele SSA

Brownell’s currently has the Geissele SSA and SSA-E for $159.99

Edit: that price is gone. Back to $250

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sauer Kraut,

Posts: 744 | Location: Middle (of nowhere) Georgia  | Registered: December 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sauer Kraut:
Brownell’s Geissele SSA

As of this post the SSA and SSA-E comes up at $245. The GC and G2S are $159.99.

Per the OP: I was buying Geissele Triggers since day 1. SSAs started around $150 IIRC and as prices increased with their popularity I bought a used S2S (not a typo) for $90 (MSRP was $125ish) which was supposed to be the budget version of the SSA back in 2011ish. I can't tell any difference between the two.

Posts: 843 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hildur:
quote:
Originally posted by Sauer Kraut:
Brownell’s Geissele SSA

As of this post the SSA and SSA-E comes up at $245. The GC and G2S are $159.99.

Per the OP: I was buying Geissele Triggers since day 1. SSAs started around $150 IIRC and as prices increased with their popularity I bought a used S2S (not a typo) for $90 (MSRP was $125ish) which was supposed to be the budget version of the SSA back in 2011ish. I can't tell any difference between the two.

Well shoot…that was a quick sale. I ordered last night at the $159 price. I’m sure it will be back on sale soon. Maybe Memorial Day?

Posts: 744 | Location: Middle (of nowhere) Georgia  | Registered: December 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post