SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Colt CR6920's $699.99 + shipping

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Colt CR6920's $699.99 + shipping Login/Join 
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted
Not a bad deal if anyone is in the market.

https://ammoandarmsstore.com/cr6920/

Posts: 1813 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Report This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
If I'm not mistaken, I've read here multiple times recently that Colt's QC has been slipping. Does that apply to this rifle as well?

Posts: 10202 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting the link
I have never heard of this store before

I scanned down the page and they had a

Colt A4 AR-15 Semi Auto 20" 5.56 NATO CR6700A4
for sale for about $1100.

This rifle along with the FN variant is my favorite rifle. I was issued one just like this when I reported for boot camp the second time in 2010. The only difference is that instead of a fixed stock it had an adjustable stock.

I wish I could turn in my M4 and get one of these again.

Manufacturer: Colt Manufacturing Co.

Model: Colt A4 20" AR-15

SKU: CR6700A4

Caliber: 5.56 NATO

Barrel: 20", A2 Muzzle Hider

Rate of Twist: 1:7"

Capacity: (1) 30 Round Magazine

Stock: Black A2

Sights: A2 FSP Detached Carry Handle Rear

Overall Length: 39.5

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Report This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
There's a thread going on another board known for AR15's where several members have purchased directly from them and also on GunBroker without issue.

posted Hide Post
I know in the recent years Colt's QC has been somewhat horrific but hopefully that will turn around since the acquisition.

If you could determine when the rifle was produced that could help or be a factor.

I am in the mind that it is hit or miss with anything anymore when it comes to QC whether it is rifles, pistols, cars, or a can opener.

If I had the money I would probably buy it and take the chance.
I am kind of hard headed that way.
(Other terms could be stubborn, ignorant or stupid). I have always wanted a Colt so that also plays a factor in my decision.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Report This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
it is not the same as the LE6920. For one thing the barrel profile in not the same. This is one of the newer, so called Colts. If you are looking for one of the earlier, more desirable Colts, this is not one of them.
Might be an ok unit. But

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19190 | Registered: September 21, 2005Report This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
it is not the same as the LE6920. For one thing the barrel profile in not the same. This is one of the newer, so called Colts. If you are looking for one of the earlier, more desirable Colts, this is not one of them.
Might be an ok unit. But

Yes, the barrel profile is the same. Every spec of the CR6920 is the same as the LE6920 other than the markings and serial number. I won't argue "old Colt" vs "new Colt", but I do know $699.99 is a decent deal regardless. You can always buy Ruger, S&W, or PSA for like money.

Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Might be an ok unit. But

Yes, the barrel profile is the same. Every spec is the same as the LE6920 other than the markings and serial number.

The LE6920 I had is a different barrel profile than the picture posted on their website. So if their pix is indicative of what they are selling it most certain is "not" the same. Ymmv.

But as I said. I would not buy one of these thinking it will "ever" be the LE6920 of yesteryear. Because it won't. Never.

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes, the barrel profile is the same. Every spec of the CR6920 is the same as the LE6920 other than the markings and serial number.

LE6920s have a M4 profile barrel, with the cutout for the M203. It also has a milspec front sight block with a bayonet lug.

The rifle shown at the link in the OP lacks both of those. It also has a different grip than the LE6920.

But that store may just have used the wrong stock photo.

Posts: 32516 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
I think the rifle pictured is actually a Ruger by mistake (I didn't make the listing, just passing along what appears to be a good deal). You can Google CR6920 and see exactly what they are. Never fails, try to do some a favor and someone will find something to bitch about.

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yeah, looks like that webstore used a stock photo of a Ruger AR556, not a Colt CR6920:
https://ruger.com/products/ar556/specSheets/8500.html

Here's the CR6920:

Posts: 32516 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
If you read the listing it says right there in black and white that the CR6920 is identical to the LE6920 except for markings.

"NEW for 2020, Colt has consolidated all rollmarks into one common nomenclature as the "Colt Carbine". The CR6920 remains identical to the previous LE6920 model aside from the updated "Carbine" rollmark.

All items are factory new in box unless otherwise stated. Based on the information available to us, the above specifications describe this item to the best of our knowledge. For further information, please contact or visit the manufacturer's website."

Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
I do not know about bitching about it.

Yeah, I see that. And I also see the pix.

It could be a decent $700 AR.

I would rather buy a M&P Smith and Wesson myself.

These "CR" units are not what any one should buy thinking they are getting the Gold Standard AR. Imho.

That is for sure.

Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you read the listing it says right there in black and white that the CR6920 is identical to the LE6920 except for markings.

"NEW for 2020, Colt has consolidated all rollmarks into one common nomenclature as the "Colt Carbine". The CR6920 remains identical to the previous LE6920 model aside from the updated "Carbine" rollmark.

This is not 100% accurate. While they may be dimensionally identical, the CR6920 substitutes contract sourced commercial parts for Colt manufactured mil-spec parts. This is discussed in detail in the attached thread. While the CR6920 may well be a fine rifle, it is not a mil-spec unit as was the older LE6920.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/4450013584

Posts: 3507 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Report This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hjs157:
quote:

This is not 100% accurate. While they may be dimensionally identical, the CR6920 substitutes contract sourced commercial parts for Colt manufactured mil-spec parts. This is discussed in detail in the attached thread. While the CR6920 may well be a fine rifle, it is not a mil-spec unit as was the older LE6920.

Sounds like you should take it up with seller.

Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by hjs157:
quote:

Sounds like you should take it up with seller.

quote:
Every spec of the CR6920 is the same as the LE6920 other than the markings and serial number.

No sir, I should not "take it up" with the seller. I was pointing out the seller's misleading information for the benefit of the SIGforum community. It was you who insisted the information was correct.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Report This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Bitch, bitch, bitch. It's a $700.00 rifle for hell sakes. Should've known better.

Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bitch, bitch, bitch. It's a $700.00 rifle for hell sakes. Should've known better.

hjs157 pointed out the correct info that I alluded to. His info is spot on.

You are the one who has trouble with facts. I guess everyone should pat you on the back for your good deed of bring this wonderful topic to everyones attention. Let it be for crissakes.