SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Trade SCAR 16 for LWRC REPR
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trade SCAR 16 for LWRC REPR Login/Join 
posted
I have a guy looking for a SCAR 16 and wants to trade his Gen 1 REPR 20” barrel even up for my SCAR. What say you guys? I had a LMT 308 that I really did not care too much for since it was overgassed. It shot well, but seemed to recoil way to much for a gas gun.

How are the R.E.P.R.’s.

Posts: 1099 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
LWRC anything?

No way.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
I'm not a SCAR guy/fanboy (Not a hater either!), but that's NOT a good trade for you....Great trade for the other guy though! Wink

LWRC R.E.P.R's are good rifles, but they're definitely not 'SCAR level' good....Just Sayin'! Cool

That said, I am an LMT guy and I LOVE my MWS 308! If your MWS had a 16" bbl, the shorter Carbine Length Gas System (vs. the 18" or 20" bbl w/ the Rifle Length Gas System) could have contributed to your issue/perception that it was overgassed.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8864 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would not.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2317 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
How does it shoot? If his example does not shoot well I'd ignore it like any other brand.

I personally liked the REPR features much better and put my money where my mouth is.

My example shoots under 1 MOA with 168 match. Shoots well with anything quality. Non-recip handle, Giselle trigger, ambi controls, and has 4 pos adjustable gas which includes off.

The gun (20" heavy barrel) is heavier, and less well known. Any other reasons you guys don't approve?

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2003 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
If I had a SCAR I would keep it.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Swapping a quality .556 for one in .308 is something I would definitely consider. It would depend on what you want and where you are headed with it.
I think it is a worthy consideration. Like mentioned I would check it out very carefully.

I would not rule it out just because the Scar is a Scar. Evaluate based on the merits or each and your own needs and desire's.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19155 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ed308
posted Hide Post
quote:
What say you guys? I had a LMT 308 that I really did not care too much for since it was overgassed. It shot well, but seemed to recoil way to much for a gas gun.

I would take it. Nice One of the best AR10s you can buy. Most .308 ARs are overgassed. Adding a adjustable gas block and brake solves that problem.

Posts: 605 | Location: DFW Area | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
They fill different roles. Is one or the other more useful or redundant to you?

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
A 20” REPR is about a 20# rifle once you put glass on it. I traded mine for a LMT and have no regrets.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
If you don't appreciate the SCAR then you should get rid of it. I would never make that trade.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3202 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wouldn’t. If anything I’d sell it and get a .308 scar

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I certainly would not.

I had a friend who owned a couple LWRC's and I shot them, I'd handle them and politely smile while thinking to myself "I don't get it. What's all fuss about? "

Posts: 21092 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No way I would make that trade. I feel the SCAR16 is a great rifle, even moreso if you SBR it , which really allows the SCAR to shine. Swap out your gas jet to tune it to your individual suppressor and you have one of (IMO) the very best center-fire rifle caliber suppressor hosts around. After I tinkered with the various gas jet sizes, my 16S SBR is very smooth shooting, no gas to the face, it’s excellent. I recommend you keep the SCAR, submit an eForm-1 to SBR, pick up a factory short barrel (or have yours cut down), and enjoy it.

Also, didn’t the gen-1 REPRs have some function issues? I could be wrong about this.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2317 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think if I really wanted a 7.62 gun more than this particular 5.56 SCAR, I'd take the suggestion above and sell it to buy a SCAR 17. I realize the -17 would require a little more $ on top of what you get for the -16, but it is a suhweet battle rifle!

I have an LMT MRP and love it, if I was in the market for a 7.62, it would be between the new M-Lok MWS and a SCAR 17.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post