SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Marzy's Unusual Rifle Of The Week
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marzy's Unusual Rifle Of The Week Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted
Deercreek had this stuck to one side just for me and they KNEW I'd walk out with it on the spot.

Well, guess what.

I did.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34072 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Interesting. I’ve never seen one of those. What does it shoot?

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17238 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
THIS one is chambered in 32-20.

They are normally .310 Martini.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34072 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
What it shoots depends on what was done or wasn't done to it. Then How it shoots depends on if it has an original barrel, or an "original" re-barrel." Original barrels had one size barrel, re-barres (from roughly the same era, though some years later) had slightly larger bores that can run all over.

Short answer, it should be .310 Cadet. Wink

Posts: 21040 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
It is a re-chamber to 32-20.

32-20 works perfect in it. No neck blow out or anything.

Yes, it was originally .310 cadet.

It has been marked for 32-20 with the original .310 still there.

Whoever did the rechamber did an excellent job. The cases come out the same as they went in.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
If it's an original barrel, it might shoot okay. If it's a replacement barrel it's roll of the dice unless you handload proper sized bullets. So theoretically I believe the barrel could be anywhere from .310 to .323-ish"

Mine slugs out to .318, so I size to .319

Posts: 21040 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
And the 60's era add for fun and regrets sake,

I find the idea of a .32 Win Special in that tiny gun and tiny action a bit frightening.

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Shit, now I want it in .357mag!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I've always described them as, the rifle that handles like a pool cue.

Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

I was just looking at the Chiappa Little Sharps in .45lc, looks like a fun time.

Posts: 9942 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
A friend had to die for me to come up with a .32-20 S&W Target. I paid big time, too. Then foolishly I bought a Browning M92 in the same caliber. But somehow I scored a bunch of empties and a box of 1000 bullets. I know, jacketed but still good. And I haven't shot either in a couple of years. I really have no interest in the M92 so I'm taking it to the next gun show.

Its a good, fun caliber without any recoil to speak of. Maybe kind of accurate, too. It'll never be a 1000 yard rifle. Now the OP needs to find some primers.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Citadel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
A friend had to die for me to come up with a .32-20 S&W Target. I paid big time, too. Then foolishly I bought a Browning M92 in the same caliber. But somehow I scored a bunch of empties and a box of 1000 bullets. I know, jacketed but still good. And I haven't shot either in a couple of years. I really have no interest in the M92 so I'm taking it to the next gun show.

Its a good, fun caliber without any recoil to speak of. Maybe kind of accurate, too. It'll never be a 1000 yard rifle. Now the OP needs to find some primers.
. Burg, sent you an email.

Posts: 815 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

Me too!

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Deer Creek are solid people with all kinds of interesting stuff behind the counter. I'm not really into milsurp but that's a neat little shop.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10465 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
I've got one in the original configuration, and another in shop inventory that was rebarreled, but is still in .310 cadet,

I do have a handful of ammo, but never took the time to go shoot either of them,

every Enfield collector needs at least one

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10407 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I don't know if .357 would require a firing pin bushing, like the higher pressure rifle round conversions. Otherwise, a re-bore to .357 would be a relatively easy/inexpensive conversion. 35caliber.com

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
OK, heeled bullets are being loaded.

Standard 32-20 worked, but we cut cases down .01 and used heeled bullets.

It works perfect and the 32-20 cases stay perfect.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Tie me kangaroo down, sport
Tie me kangaroo down
Tie me kangaroo down

Keep me cockatoo cool, Curl
Keep me cockatoo cool
Ah, don't go acting the fool, Curl
Just keep me cockatoo cool
Altogether now!

Tie me kangaroo down
Tie me kangaroo down

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Awesome rifle, love the history. You always have the coolest old firearms, and so nice you have a local shop that gets these in and let’s you know. Looking forward to the range pics / post.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I'm bidding on a second rifle to send off for re-chambering to .357 mag.

It's making Richard nutz me doing this, but I have thousands of rounds plus thousands more cases and reloading components of .357 mag.

Yeah, I could purchase a new lever gun chambered in .357 for less than I will spend on this, but that won't allow me to go and find a slouch hat to go with it.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!