SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Anybody have a Trijicon Huron?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody have a Trijicon Huron? Login/Join 
posted
I'm thinking of buying one for a Sako 25-06. I'd be looking at the 3-9x40 and keeping shots under 250 yards. If you have one and have thoughts on them, please share. I'm seeing it for $399 on Eurooptic.

TS

Posts: 864 | Location: California | Registered: March 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I don't, but I almost bought one not too long ago.

Based on my 4 other scopes from them, even though the Huron is their lowest tier, my head tells me it's got to be better than what I've seen from say Leupold in recent years in the same price range.

Posts: 21418 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I have one and it’s excellent! I use it to shoot vintage sniper matches. So I’ve used it for a couple of hundred rounds so far.

The glass is very clear.

Tony

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5542 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I don't but thought about one. You should be able to find for considerably less than $400.
Good company and eq. Maybe check out Zeiss as well.
I have an older Conquest 3-9x40 on my primary hunting rifle and it has not failed me.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19812 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Images from the vintage sniper match this weekend...
My son...

300 yard line...

My score at 300...

My score at 600. If you discount shot number 1, it held 2 MOA at 600 for 9 rounds straight.

The clarity is brilliant! Very clear images out to 600 yards, enough to score in the 90's. My last time out, I scored a 97 at 600.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5542 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Trijicon prides itself on producing optics with superb clarity. ACOGs are made in the United States but are quite pricey.

In order to offer scopes at a lower price point, Trijicon employs the services of the excellent Light Optical Works (aka LOW) in Japan. LOW is the OEM for many rifle scope brands. Their quality control is of a high order. The Huron line is manufactured by LOW

My two Trijicon Accupower 1-4x scopes are manufactured by LOW and they are a best buy, truly impressive clarity and overall build quality. Though now discontinued, the Accupower line has now been replaced by the Credo, with very little difference, if any, optically. Though still offered, I guess 1-4x is old hat now, with 1-6x, 1-8x and even 1-10x available (as well as higher magnifications, but without the true 1x of these scopes, which makes these scopes the equal of any RDS)

I'm certain that other manufacturers offer best buys in the price range of these LOW-manufactured Trijicons but I think they would be hard-pressed to be any better than these Trijicons.

Trijicon Accupower 1-4x

Posts: 109285 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
I don't but thought about one. You should be able to find for considerably less than $400.
Good company and eq. Maybe check out Zeiss as well.
I have an older Conquest 3-9x40 on my primary hunting rifle and it has not failed me.

Can you point me in the direction of where you're seeing these for less than $400?

TS

Posts: 864 | Location: California | Registered: March 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Looks like prices have gone up. I was looking maybe six months ago and saw a few places selling sub $400. Sorry

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19812 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post