SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Does anyone make a DOE 9mm upper?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anyone make a DOE 9mm upper? Login/Join 
posted
I saw that PSA was going to offer a DOE 9mm AR15 but not holding my breath for that one..... I already have a 9mm that I have SBR'd and thought having another upper for it might be fun.

Posts: 141 | Registered: April 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Garrison Mfg does small runs of them, and mainly sells them through Gunbroker. They currently have two DOE clone uppers listed there, for $700 apiece.

Posts: 32798 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
What is doe?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19521 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
What is doe?

Department of Energy. It refers to a particular weapon configuration issued to Nuclear Materials Couriers, i.e. the people that transport nuclear weapons for service or maintenance.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5601 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
It's referring to the Department of Energy's Colt 633 9mm SMGs:

Posts: 32798 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post