SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    40 hours of shooting
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

40 hours of shooting Login/Join 
posted
Needed a recert for my Patrol Rifle Instructor cert, but none were available so I got signed up for a 40 hour initial cert class.

Hey, twice the hours shooting ammo I didn’t pay for… I can cope!

Haven’t cleaned a rifle so many times in a week for quite a while.

Great instructors, and like half the class were swat guys, so got the chance to learn from basically everyone there. Got some cool new stuff to teach my guys over the summer!

Bill R

Posts: 1131 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fixed the image….

Posts: 1131 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Good stuff! I got to do a 40hr rifle instructor class last year, and had a blast. It was in February in Northern Indiana, so the weather was brutal, but it was one of the best weeks at work ever Smile!

Posts: 8797 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
Good stuff! I got to do a 40hr rifle instructor class last year, and had a blast. It was in February in Northern Indiana, so the weather was brutal, but it was one of the best weeks at work ever Smile!

Ha.. Welcome to the PNW…. First day was 40 and rain, soaked ground, lots of wet, wet, wet. Good training weather in other words.

Next three days were cold but dry until 1100, then 70 and sun, which for us WA folks is about approximately like ground zero at Hiroshima.

I am doing my famous “boiled lobster” impression now!

Bill R

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I signed up for a 40 hour basic rifle course this year. You know, this is the end you put against your shoulder, this is how you zero it, etc. I took the course in the early 2000s. But, I thought it would be fun to chill and shoot a bunch for a week to get my time in.

I got pulled two weeks before I was going to go to a SWAT supervisors course instead. Roll Eyes

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37132 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

I got pulled two weeks before I was going to go to a SWAT supervisors course instead. Roll Eyes

Supervisors class! Will there be spreadsheets? I bet there will be spreadsheets!

Bill R

posted Hide Post
Nice.

Discussing actual practice & training....in a gun forum. Who'd a thunk it.

Posts: 7929 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like that Noveske, my Noveske 300BO SBR is still in NFA jail but I have that same trijicon in your pic waiting for it (along with the suppressor that’s in jail as well).

Posts: 1647 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
Nice.

Discussing actual practice & training....in a gun forum. Who'd a thunk it.

Hey, some of us still do what we can when we can. It's even better if I can get work to pay for it and supply the ammo, which isn't all that often.

It kills me when I go to work classes and guys are complaining about stuff or just hoping to get out early and go home. We're not taking calls, I got to sleep in until 6:00 instead of 4:30, I'm learning stuff about guns, and they're literally paying me to be here and shoot...work doesn't get any better than this!

Posts: 8797 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
Hey, some of us still do what we can when we can.

Bingo. I see from posts that you shoot regularly.

I've had challenges for a number of months, but am now back on a trigger. Formal training and match competition are still not in the cards for this year, so I must do what I can on my own. Trying to get out of my comfort zone, which is prone bolt action rifle with a bipod. I'm currently emphasizing ARs from barriers, on the clock. And embracing the wind, rather than avoiding it.

Posts: 7929 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I signed up for a 40 hour basic rifle course this year. You know, this is the end you put against your shoulder, this is how you zero it, etc. I took the course in the early 2000s. But, I thought it would be fun to chill and shoot a bunch for a week to get my time in.

Rough luck but if the SWAT Course is the NTOA commanders course, it's quality. with ZERO spreadsheets.

Ignem Feram

Posts: 538 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post