SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    "New" CMP Garand with pics
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"New" CMP Garand with pics Login/Join 
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ordered this puppy back in November of 2020 and showed up today. 1952 era receiver by Springfield. New Barrel and new wood model Garand in 30-06. Can't wait to try this one out.
Better than the crappy cardboard box I got mine in several years ago.

Posts: 9031 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redlickranch:
Ordered this puppy back in November of 2020 and showed up today. 1952 era receiver by Springfield. New Barrel and new wood model Garand in 30-06. Can't wait to try this one out.

Looks good! Is that a special rack or some other grade?

Posts: 8534 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Didls:
Had a CMP Garland in 308 regret selling it every day. I purchased it because my dad had shot them while he was on the Navy rifle team. He always liked to tell me he never forgot the serial number of the one he was issued.

Same as the M1 Garand I was issued (1957) during basic training. A much used Springfield.. #10616778.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got an M1 Garand and don't know how and where to lube it...

Link..

http://www.garandgear.com/m1-garand-grease

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Nice score! Both those rifles are gorgeous!

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5396 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:

Tony.

Thanks Benny! On a side note, I recently got access to a couple of M14s at work, and actually used one of your youtube videos to learn how to take them down and lube them properly. I found it through google, and when I pulled it up and started watching it, I thought, "Hey, I know that guy Big Grin"!

I've become pretty familiar with the Garand, but there are some significant differences with the M14, and your video was very helpful, so thanks very much!

Posts: 8534 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:

Tony.

Thanks Benny! On a side note, I recently got access to a couple of M14s at work, and actually used one of your youtube videos to learn how to take them down and lube them properly. I found it through google, and when I pulled it up and started watching it, I thought, "Hey, I know that guy Big Grin"!

I've become pretty familiar with the Garand, but there are some significant differences with the M14, and your video was very helpful, so thanks very much!

You just made my day!

Thanks! Cool

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5396 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post