SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Black Aces Shotgun quality?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Black Aces Shotgun quality? Login/Join 
Leatherneck
posted
I’ve wanted a lever action shotgun since I saw T2 when I was a kid. Recently PSA has been selling a nice looking Black Aces lever action shotgun with wood furniture for <$300.

Does anyone have any experience with these?

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My LGS had for a while. Action is notchy and somewhat loose and "rattley". It's another very average "Turkish delight".

Posts: 2087 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I've found that <$300 guns are typically pieces of crap.

I've also never had any desire for a lever-action shotgun, though.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
I've found that <$300 guns are typically pieces of crap.

Typically yes, but it’s free to ask and I've been surprised before.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wanted one until I handled one. The lever feels like a red Ryder BB gun at best. It’s loose and gritty and just feels like shit.

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's a Blue Line 12ga 6+1 pump for $190:

https://www.brownells.com/fire...auge-prod139411.aspx

It's made in China, Brownell reviews are mixed.

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reviews. It’s as I thought, but still disappointing.

And I appreciate the link to the Blue Line pump. I’ve got several 870s and a 590 so I don’t really need another shotgun, I just always wanted a lever action shotgun. I know Henry has a .410 but I’d prefer a 12ga. That Axe looks fun though.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Pale Horse,

Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
James at TFBTV did a "poverty tier" defense shotgun build with one of their autoloaders. May give an idea of the quality of the brand, if not the model you're looking at. Interesting video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZi3rDHYJEU

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I’ve seen some reports of their customer service and the owner being trash in addition to their products being a waste of money.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post