Go ![]() | New ![]() | Find ![]() | Notify ![]() | Tools ![]() | Reply ![]() | |
Member![]() |
PSA keeps showing up in my email, offering this new 570 shotgun. I haven’t looked into it enough yet, but is this essentially a “kinda-sorta 870 reproduction?” I’m one who figures a fella can’t really have too many 870s, though the 870 (and Remington in general) is pretty much toast now. Anyone gotten their hands on one of these new PSA guns? Politicians seem to have forgotten that they work for us, not the other way around. — — — — — — — — — — — — God bless America. | ||
|
| What is the soup du jour? |
I haven't looked into the 570 in a couple years, but from what I remember it was meant to take on the best features of the 590 and the 870, while being more modular than either. It got put on the back burner for a few years and I think the only people that have played with it are streamers under a embargo from releasing any info on it. | |||
|
Member![]() |
Aha. That sort of explains the name, I suppose. Politicians seem to have forgotten that they work for us, not the other way around. — — — — — — — — — — — — God bless America. | |||
|
Frangas non Flectes![]() |
Been casually following it on the PSA subreddit. They're having some QC teething issues with it. Mostly looks like assembly issues, but typical PSA: QC by volume, you'll eventually get a good one. This is one I'd probably wait a bit on. Let the early adopters work out the kinks. It was the same thing with the Sabre AKV, too. That one had a good six months of people posting pictures of the inside of the lower breaking between the trigger housing and the magazine well. ______________________________________________ "If the truth shall kill them, let them die.” Endeavoring to master the subtle art of the grapefruit spoon. | |||
|
| Member |
Thing I don't like about it is the bolt release is exclusively accessible by right-handers. Silly design. The 500/590 system is vastly superior. --------------------------- My hovercraft is full of eels. | |||
|
| His diet consists of black coffee, and sarcasm. ![]() |
It's out of stock anyway. | |||
|
Member![]() |
Politicians seem to have forgotten that they work for us, not the other way around. — — — — — — — — — — — — God bless America. | |||
|
| His diet consists of black coffee, and sarcasm. ![]() |
I too greatly prefer the top-mounted sliding safety on the Mossberg. The Maverick 88 series, also by Mossberg (but without the top-mounted safety), gets almost universally rave reviews of the "better than you'd think for the price" variety.This message has been edited. Last edited by: egregore, | |||
|
| Green grass and high tides |
If you can find a good used 500 Mossberg at one of your local gun stores off of the rack. That's what I would do. Mine is as smooth as silk "Practice like you want to play in the game" | |||
|
| Member |
We’ll see if they even actually build and sell them, psa likes to bs us quite a bit | |||
|
| Member |
Usually it’s best to wait for at least Gen 2 of anything new PSA comes out with. | |||
|
| Powered by Social Strata |
| Please Wait. Your request is being processed... |
|

