SIGforum
AK's - what to get & your experience?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/8620055544

August 18, 2018, 12:53 PM
ronnied316
AK's - what to get & your experience?
That's what I was looking to hear, thanks!

"SUCCESS only comes before WORK in the dictionary"
August 18, 2018, 03:13 PM
FN in MT
Only one I have left. Sold all the 47's after my cheap ammo dried up.

Still have six full cases of 5.45x39 left so that should hold me until I kick the bucket.

Never warmed up to the AK's despite having several of them, from $99 Norincos to custom assembled parts kits on NoDak Spud receivers.

August 19, 2018, 04:55 PM
zeme05
The AK is a hammer. Nothing complicated or fancy. Under 100 yds you can't beat them. Stay away from US made AKs com bloc or Chinese are great.
August 19, 2018, 10:06 PM
Jupiter
My Milled Arsenal is one of the rifles I would never sell.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

August 19, 2018, 10:43 PM
PorterN
I've never been an AK-guy. I've never even shot one. But I sure do love these AK threads!!

August 20, 2018, 01:22 AM
zoom6zoom
They're fun guns. And sorta like potato chips.
Most in this picture are home builds. Disclaimer, it's an older picture and no longer represents my entire collection of them. Probably my favorite is my Yugo RPK with a drum.

Of the current commercial variants, I really like the quality of the VEPRs. This one I converted to a sorta Dragunov version. It's in x54R.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.
August 20, 2018, 07:34 AM
cigardad
I have two Arsenal Bulgarian milled guns, a SLR 101 and a Sam7UF. No issues with either.

August 20, 2018, 07:48 PM
kimberkid
Like many that have been around for a while, I too have had a few ... I'm down to a couple Yugo's an 85 and a 92 that I've SBR'd

A Valmet 62 tube folder

A Bulgarian SLG103 that I've upgraded(some would argue that) with Magpul furniture & TWS Dogleg top cover/rail

A home brew AMD65, it's currently undergoing another rebuild the receiver rails were wanky as it was the first D-I-Y I built, and it has a different barrel extension as the original barrel is only 12"

Lastly, a Yugo RPK in 7.62x39 w/finned barrel and NoDakSpud receiver that SN matches the kit ... that's still not built.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink