SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Ambidextrous AR-15 recommendations?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ambidextrous AR-15 recommendations? Login/Join 
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I've got a Seekins Billet Ambi lower on my SBR build. The lower comes with bolt release/hold. Right around $250'ish.

But: Then he'd still have to buy all the other parts and lego them together.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8941 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I shoot left-handed and share the same opinion of the above posts from other left-handed shooters. The upgrades I nearly always do to my AR15s are ambi selector and charging handle. The AR15 platform is extremely lefty friendly if your left trigger finger can reach the bolt catch/release.

Posts: 37 | Registered: August 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check out Palmetto State Armory lowers. They’re solid, usually under $150, so you’ll have some cash left for other parts. Plus, they’ve got a good rep, and building it yourself is half the fun

We believe arming our fellow Americans – both physically and philosophically – helps them fulfill our Founding Fathers' intent with the Second Amendment: To serve as a check on state power.

Posts: 297 | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Veteran of the
Psychic Wars
posted Hide Post
As a lefty, I'll echo what others have stated and endorse having an ambi-selector and charging handle. Having said that, I recently took the plunge and put together a rifle with the LMT MARS-L lower. Could I live without the ambi bolt catch/release? Yes I can, however, it is really nice having it. I shot stock, right-handled, M16's in the infantry and so forth; today I can afford to the luxury of something designed for me. Interestingly, the trend today is to field ambi rifles in the military, so there's that.

Lastly, IMHO, DO NOT buy a proprietary left-hand upper AR. It has a proprietary bolt and that can be problematic WRT parts availability. Again, just my opinion.

Posts: 1300 | Location: The end of the Earth... | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I own an LWRC AMBI DI and love it. I paid about $1500 4 years ago if I remember correctly. SmallArmsSolutions did a video on them not long ago but I can’t find it right now. He talked about the BCG quite a bit too. Awesome gun in my opinion.

Posts: 3976 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ That LWRC was on sale at PSA for $1300 a few days before my post. Such a good deal, I almost pulled the trigger on it, but decided against it because my wallet is no longer full.

Q

Posts: 27714 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
The wife picked out a CAL LWRC IC the other day. Don't ask the price I couldn't get through to her, she hates money. But as every other experience I've had with them, it's a cut above. Seriously underrated quality wise I think. Came with an H2 and I like the trigger too.

I especially like how it doubles as a canoe paddle with the fin grip in case the bay floods, and the LOP is perfect for whoever the adjustable stock is "pinned" for. AND, it comes without a muzzle device so I can install my suppressor mount (brake) on it for when we go on vacation. (Middle finger to all commies.)

They had this Fully Ambi lower before most anyone else. I wouldn't hesitate to get their Ambi lower if I had to have one.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 7039 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’d start with a factory built lower for about $550 you can get the Daniel Defense complete lower with ambi safety and oem stock and grip etc and then get an upper of your choice. 13.9, 14.5, 16 etc. even if it’s a different brand. For 800 can get LMT lower. Add ambi charging handle and get to the range.

Posts: 4992 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick42
posted Hide Post
Don't forget a Magpul Ambi Sling Attachment Point and a good sling.

Posts: 65 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post