SIGforum
Help in identifying these parts

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/8600069544

August 18, 2018, 04:16 PM
BigJoe
Help in identifying these parts
I do not know what the mag, nor any of the pieces with a red line beside them are. Any help is appreciated.

...You, higher mammal. Can you read?
....There's nothing sexier than a well worn, functional Sig!
August 18, 2018, 04:33 PM
cas
Bunch of SKS stuff.

Plastic SKS conversion mag?
Looks like the original dust cover (the thing below the mag) and butt plate... figure someone put on a dust cover with a scope mount and added a recoil pad. The thing with the holes is part of the cleaning kit.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chine...ng-kit-/350826035577

August 18, 2018, 04:44 PM
BigJoe
Ok. Thank you.

...You, higher mammal. Can you read?
....There's nothing sexier than a well worn, functional Sig!
August 18, 2018, 11:04 PM
RogueJSK
It's hard to tell exactly what it is from the small photo, but I doubt that's an SKS magazine. The aftermarket extended SKS mags have a "duckbill" that extends forward near the top of the magazine. They also have an elongated rear locking tab. Like so:

It doesn't look quite like an AK magazine either, whose front and rear locking lugs are shaped differently.

Perhaps it's an aftermarket Ruger Mini-30 magazine, similar to this:

But I agree that the other two parts are SKS parts/accessories.
August 19, 2018, 06:14 AM
cas
Looks like the duckbill might be broken off and on the left, if it's the mag I'm thinking of. I found one at home recently, one that i'd ended up with somewhere along the line, "Pre-ban" with 1992 sales receipt, new in package. I thought about giving it away to a ban state member, but it was made of such poor material that I didn't bother. (plastic of sorts, but a soft non dense plastic, kind of foam like, felt a bit like heavy cardboard lol) I just threw it away. If that's the same mag, I can easily see how the front would snap off.