SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Short shot shells in a Benelli
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Short shot shells in a Benelli Login/Join 
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted
I am wondering if anybody has ever tried the short shot shells in a Benelli Super Nova 12 ga.

Do they also make short shells in 20ga?

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4137 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
RST makes short shells mainly for old double guns. Yes they make them in 20 ga.

I don’t have a Nova or any pumps actually but I can’t see why a short shell wouldn’t work in one. The extractor is on the rim and how long the rest of the shell is seems inconsequential.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10491 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have no idea on a benelli, but my mossberg needed some help from the aftermarket to do it. So I think its an individual gun thing.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11007 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
I’ve read where the Nova and Supernova don’t like them, but never tried them myself.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am wondering if anybody has ever tried the short shot shells in a Benelli Super Nova 12 ga.
I have a Nova. Mine takes shells up to 3½" (at the cost of one less round in the magazine), but I don't recall the manual saying anything about short shells. These have a certain appeal as more of them can fit in the magazine (stock capacity is 4 x 2¾") while still being not something you'd want to stand in front of at close range. I guess either or both of us will have to buy a small quantity and try them out someday.

Posts: 27970 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post