SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    LPVO in FDE, 8x or 10x
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LPVO in FDE, 8x or 10x Login/Join 
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted
I'm looking for an LPVO in FDE, preferably 1-8x or 1-10x, but I haven't found much. Preferably SFP. Going to put it on a .308 battle rifle.

Any suggestions?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: AUTiger89,

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6110 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
First one that comes to mind is Vortex 1-10

Here

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3645 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m499
posted Hide Post
Looking around on scopelist reveals the following are all available in various shades of FDE:

- Nightforce ATACR 1-8x
- Nightforce NX8 1-8x
- EOTech Vudu 1-10x
- SIG Tango 1-8x
- Vortex Razor 1-10x

---

Posts: 2689 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What do you want to do with it? What distances and types of targets are you trying to cover? What specifically makes you want second focal plane?

Posts: 5190 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
I should have mentioned that I'm not looking for something in Vortex Razor or Nightforce pricing.

Not very far, to be honest, at this point. As far as FFP vs SFP, I can go either way.

How close to FDE is Coyote Tan on the SIG?

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6110 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Looks like there are some FDE Primary Arms PLX-c scopes up for preorder. Reviews of that scope are all good from what I have seen. Supposedly they also got a contract with the DOE. I have been wanting to pick one up.

Posts: 10017 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
All in all, I know that, while I'd like to find a decent optic in FDE, going with an optic I like and use well is much more important.

Thanks for all the help!

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
If $ is not an issue. I would look at Kahles. I also like Trijicon. I was on a budget and found a used Shepard Phanton. I am pretty pleased and it is not chicom.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19524 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
In my mind, especially on lower end LPVOs I'd prefer to stay 1-6 vs 1-8 or 10. Things get a lot harder to work with at those higher mags in every case but especially in the lower end options.

Not only cheaper, I think 1-6 gets you a more usable all round situation.

If you HAVE to have the higher mag you can make it work. It just annoys the hell outta me with finicky eyeboxes and/or problems with the picture at the highest powers.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 7004 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
The Vortex Strike Eagle OPMOD 1-8 comes in FDE if you are looking for something budget friendly.

Posts: 1223 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I'll check those out.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

posted Hide Post
I currently have a strike eagle 1-8 on my 716.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: shkuhn,

Posts: 235 | Location: Southern, PA | Registered: July 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Wow, that looks fantastic!
quote:
Originally posted by shkuhn:

I currently have a strike eagle 1-8 on my 716.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:
I'm looking for an LPVO in FDE, preferably 1-8x or 1-10x, but I haven't found much. Preferably SFP. Going to put it on a .308 battle rifle.

Any suggestions?

Better options in a 1-6x. Once you go over that, the compromises for exit pupil and FOV deliver diminishing returns. Razor 1-6x is excellent. What is your price range?

Posts: 14132 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:
I should have mentioned that I'm not looking for something in Vortex Razor or Nightforce pricing.

Not very far, to be honest, at this point. As far as FFP vs SFP, I can go either way.

How close to FDE is Coyote Tan on the SIG?

I would look at the Burris RT-6, or the Vortex PST Gen2.

Just my 2 cents, but I wouldn't base my optics choices around what is available in FDE.

Posts: 14132 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
Looks like there are some FDE Primary Arms PLX-c scopes up for preorder. Reviews of that scope are all good from what I have seen. Supposedly they also got a contract with the DOE. I have been wanting to pick one up.

I bought one of these a few months ago (black) to replace my Vortex PST 1:6. I got the new PLXc compact 1:8 FFP and it’s been fantastic. Based on my research, it’s the widest eyebox in its class and it feels like half the weight of the Vortex (which is a pig in that respect).

I look at it as the scope that I wanted the NX8 to be.

Posts: 342 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
I agree wholeheartely, and said so earlier. It's just a preference, if I can find one.

I went with a Vortex Strike Eagle for now. If I don't like it, I'll switch to something else.
quote:
Originally posted by IndianaBoy:
Just my 2 cents, but I wouldn't base my optics choices around what is available in FDE.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
The PLXC is available in FDE.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post