SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Swiss Army STGW 90 Magazine Carrier/Pouch?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Swiss Army STGW 90 Magazine Carrier/Pouch? Login/Join 
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted
Is there such an animal? I've never seen one.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2190 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
That's why the magazines have nubs to lock them together... You just load up all the mags you think you'll need, and hang them off the mag in the rifle.

Big Grin

Seriously though, they did have magazine pouches. They're pretty basic square belt pouches, designed to hold multiple mags at a time. Similar to the old US ALICE magazine pouches or GP/Utility pouches.

Most recently, the Swiss military has adopted a form of modern chest rig/plate carrier, with MOLLE magazine pouches. This is the newest version: https://soldiersystems.net/201...army-mbas-is-coming/

Posts: 32490 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post

The pouch to the left of the bayonet is one of the two magazine pouches.

In the old days Stg57 had been carried in the chest pockets of the cammo jacket.

Posts: 3774 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you don't care about coupling them together, remove the nubs. The mags I use have had the nubs milled off. If you're wanting a pouch, I assume you're using the mags; if you're using the mags, you ought not be worried about hurting resale value.

Posts: 2130 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KSGM:
If you don't care about coupling them together, remove the nubs. The mags I use have had the nubs milled off. If you're wanting a pouch, I assume you're using the mags; if you're using the mags, you ought not be worried about hurting resale value.

I'm interested in this pouch from a collector's perspective, not a user's perspective.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2190 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gotcha. I have always wondered the same thing, in terms of what the heck they use. The lugs make it real pain. G36 mags are even worse, even with the lugs removed.

Posts: 2130 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post