SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    I am starting to piece together a SBR build.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I am starting to piece together a SBR build. Login/Join 
Picture of onpointgun
posted
Not sure why this Aero builders set is so appealing to me but I ordered one today.

AERO BUILDERS SET

I am open to opinions to what people think would be the best barrel. I am thinking a 10" or 11.5 I would be interested to what you all think on brand and barrel twist. I will typically shoot 62 grain with it.

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.

Posts: 2033 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by onpointgun:
Not sure why this Aero builders set is so appealing to me but I ordered one today.

AERO BUILDERS SET

I am open to opinions to what people think would be the best barrel. I am thinking a 10" or 11.5 I would be interested to what you all think on brand and barrel twist. I will typically shoot 62 grain with it.

I had to go 12.5" as the SPR/M4 suppressor is an over the barrel design, now days you really couldn't go wrong with either but given the choice I will be buying 11.5" barrels from here on out.

The DD Uppers I had before were 10.3 if I recall correctly and honestly given the better performance and relatively unnoticeable 1.2" extra. I'd compromise on 11.5"

Anything less than 10.3/10.5" and I get skeptical.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I like it. Should make a beautiful rifle. Maybe go with their barrel. Ballistic advantage I believe.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you're using a silencer, the shorter the better.

Posts: 2151 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post