SIGforum
I'm living in the past...

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/8320040225

September 03, 2026, 08:22 PM
Andyb
I'm living in the past...
...and its pretty cool!

Over the last several months I've been bitten by the retro bug multiple times, and well, here we are Big Grin

These all turned into a far bigger project than I originally intended. Lot's of surplus parts and every rifle got refinished into a correct Colt grey since Palmetto/H&R can't seem to get anything remotely close most of the time.

The real project was the Gordon Delta rifle. That one I decided to go all the way and have a lower engraved with the commercial Colt M16A2 logos like what they would have used in Somalia. Managed to find the Allen Engineering suppressor in the original finish as well. Just a seriously cool rifle being a 14.5 and essentially having every feature we consider a necessity these days. Those 90's Delta guys were way ahead of the curve.













"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."
September 03, 2026, 09:35 PM
m499
Niiice!! The Gordy and the XM177 are two of my favorite rifles. I built both but my Gordy is not exactly "clone-correct" as I just use my Surefire on an 11.5" barrel.

A1 uppers rule ! Cool
September 03, 2026, 10:06 PM
benny6
Nice rifles!

I'll see your plastic and aluminum and raise you some wood and steel...





Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com
September 03, 2026, 10:17 PM
KMitch200
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
...and its pretty cool!

Nice selection of old time ARs you have!


--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.