SIGforum
For all the guys who did not like the red dot on my 1894…..I found this locally for $60

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/8320026684

November 09, 2021, 03:36 PM
usncorpsman
For all the guys who did not like the red dot on my 1894…..I found this locally for $60
Turns out the guy is 53years old and cannot see his front sight on his Marlin .44 clearly anymore. I’m going to give it a try and see if I like it. 1/2 price over new was too good to turn down.

November 09, 2021, 07:10 PM
92fstech
Oh man, that's classy looking! I hope it works for you, just because it looks so cool! But I'm still in the camp that if the red dot works the best, it's the right call, whether it's blasphemous or not Cool!
November 10, 2021, 12:31 AM
Delta-3
I'm with 92fstech on this one. If it works for you, do it. I used to run a Garand with a scout scope. As for the Skinner sight. They are top notch! Enjoy.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.
November 10, 2021, 08:37 AM
RichardC
Adjustment info. Also, in case your want other front sights, etc.

http://skinnersights.com/index.html

November 10, 2021, 09:31 PM
MikeinNC
You may have to get a new front sight. I had one of those skinner sights on a marlin 30-03 I gave to my stepson…IIRC the company has a formula for figuring the new front sight height.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker
November 11, 2021, 06:25 AM
kyoung
I put a Skinner on my 1886 Chiappa, had to put a taller front sight on it but its a great shooter with the peeps.
November 13, 2021, 12:26 PM
mlazarus
All my lever guns, and a Ruger No.1 use the Skinner sights. Best non-optic option for me.

Ignem Feram
November 13, 2021, 08:56 PM
Gustofer
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
IIRC the company has a formula for figuring the new front sight height.

Should be on their website. If not just give them a call. Or, just buy an extra tall one and file it down to your needs.

November 14, 2021, 07:57 AM
gearhounds
Good grab. That is a robust rear peep and the price is definitely right.

I have a Ruger .44 carbine I wanted a rear peep for, but they've been out of production from Williams for some time and just too hard to come by. I dropped in a Skinner peep aperture as a stand alone. The threading matched the factory scope mount hole so it was easy to mount it directly sans base. I now have a very low profile, solid peep.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown
November 17, 2021, 06:31 PM
rangemaster
Now you’re talkin’! I have one on my Texan 35 REM. I paid wayyyyy more for mine. Congrats. You may have to change the front sight though.
November 17, 2021, 07:32 PM
jaybirdaccountant
I say use whatever works best for you. Peep sight, red dot, or scope. I agree with rangemaster in that your current front sigth may or may not work with that sight though.