SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    What is your favorite ambi-safety/selector
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is your favorite ambi-safety/selector Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted
AR platform.

With so much out of stock these days, I’m looking for options for replacing single selectors for ambi.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
I've been using the Radian Weapons Talon; I like the fact that you can set it up for either 45° or 90° throw.

https://www.joeboboutfitters.c...IAN%2DTALON%2D2LEVER

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I've used a couple of rifles with the Seekins Precision selector levers (Link). Long on one side, short on the other, 45- or 90-degree throws. I like them. 38 bucks at Midway.

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
SOLGW Quick and FCD ASF (same product, different packaging). The 50° throw Q lever version is by far my favorite. It's incredibly smooth, but positive, and has the easiest motion to get back on safe. The roll pin installation is solid and not failure prone like using a screw, but getting it back off requires a hammer and punch. Not exactly cheap, either.
(edit: here's a link in stock at FCD https://www.forwardcontrolsdes...-q-levers_p_229.html)

The Radian Talon isn't bad, the 45° throw can be incompatible with some triggers. It has very positive feel. I think the shape is slightly sub-par and the short levers suffer from it. The lever attachment method is one of the better ones, especially for being able to remove/service them, though I've heard reports of the springs failing and dropping levers; nothing a little regular inspection can't solve.

Another good mention is the Badger Condition One ambi. Very similar to GI profile levers, but a very refined version with a short throw option, very good action. It's also secured with roll pins, and on par with SOLGW/FCD for price.

I've tried a few others. The BAD ASS and CASS are still in a few of my guns but they're slowly being replaced. The above 3 are the only ones I have good experience with and would recommend.

Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Radian Talon on everything. No screws or loctite. Can't see how it would fail unless the nipple on the detent breaks off.

I like the 90/45 capability. I use 45 on most receivers, but 90 on some. With Geissele triggers I haven't seen any issues with the 45 setup. My S&W 15-22 and 15-22 Pistol have CMC triggers (cheaper and they offer the longer pins needed for the 15-22) but I run them at 90 with the 15-22 specific Talon.

I would like to try the Geissele Super Configurable, since it uses captured set screws that you back out into the lever to lock them in place. Looks cleaner and has more traditional levers.

I had BAD-ASS before and they are fine for 90 degree setups. Really I need to be able to put a long lever on the right side and short lever on the left side. Anything that can do that I can get to work OK. I hate how Sig and Colt often have the long on left and short on right and they can't swap.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m moving from the BADAss ambi’s to Radian Talons, which I much prefer. Also check out TriggerTech, right there with the Talon imo. For a low cost ambi option Joe Bob Outfitters sells an in-house ambi that’s pretty good for $15.

Posts: 101 | Location: NE Texas | Registered: May 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Yep, I have one of those on one of my lowers, works pretty well.

quote:
Originally posted by fanninland:
For a low cost ambi option Joe Bob Outfitters sells an in-house ambi that’s pretty good for $15.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
BCM usually has a basic ambi selector in stock.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post