SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    I Built The Dissipator. EDIT: FINISHED!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Built The Dissipator. EDIT: FINISHED! Login/Join 
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
I like that a lot. Well done sir.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 7037 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice - I was in the army 82-86 and was issued H&R M16A1s. From what I remember they did not have a logo, just some basic writing on them.

And man were they beat up. There was a lot of play between upper and lower but they still shot ok.

Posts: 285 | Registered: September 12, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
I bought a complete H&R retro M16A1 lower. It wasn't cheap, but more reasonable than I expected.

I got the A3 Dissy upper from PSA, I planned on changing the upper and handguards. It has a mid length gas system to make it reliable. It's low profile and hidden really well.

Had handguards laying around and popped them on to see what it was going to look like.

The front sight pins were driven in by the Hulk. I opted to drive the gas tube pin out and slide the gas block forward then ease the tube out of the receiver.

The barrel was also tightened by the Hulk and I had to put a three foot tube on the wrench to remove the barrel nut. Swapping the receiver was a piece of cake and torquing back was no problem. Had to install the rear sight from a parts kit and the dust cover was also a kit.

I know it's black, but that will change soon.

A three prong flash hider is still on the way.

That's a damn fine looking rifle.

Posts: 14164 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I have two more surprises in progress.

I bought the tools, might as well use them and soak up all these extra parts lying around.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34427 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Here's a hint of what's in progress.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34427 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Here's it's first time out at 50 yards after zeroing on my bench rest.

Standing, open sights set to close range.

I think I like it. It doesn't waste holes.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Sweet!

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3304 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I'd say that'll do!

Posts: 9302 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Factory colt CHP dissipator with Colt letter on Gunjoker. Buy it now 5k. Even comes in the sig box that after CHP bought sigs they sent the colts to CDNN in the sig boxes. If I had a LOT more disposable cash I’d play but that price is way off IMO

Posts: 4988 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Spotted while watching The Bourne Identity, in the Zurich US Embassy scene:

Posts: 109259 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
That guy is apparently attempting to give himself cataract surgery with his rear sight.

I mean, I've heard of the "nose to charging handle" technique before, but I've never heard of "nose to bolt release". Big Grin

Posts: 33151 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I even have a spare C7 stripped upper laying around!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
That is a very nice offhand, iron sighted ten shot group.

Posts: 16233 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
That is a very nice offhand, iron sighted ten shot group.
Fourteen. Wink

Eeewwww, don't touch it!