SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Ruger's first New Marlin Lever Action rifle!
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger's first New Marlin Lever Action rifle! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Think Glock 42 psychology. Marketing is a science.

Posts: 7499 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't be shocked if there was a niche - but avid - market for the .45-70 and .444 Marlin. All the factory needs is some level of certainty that the batches it makes will sell out quick. .30-30 Marlins have been good in the past, but how fast do they sell?
quote:
Marketing is a science.

There's gotta be some art to it - who the hell knew the Taurus Judge would fly the way it did?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well yea, you got me it’s not like math math science. Lol

Posts: 7499 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
https://www.marlinfirearms.com/s/model_1895sbl/

"This American-made lever-action rifle was manufactured with great pride and attention to detail. You can expect the same time-honored design as the traditional 1895, combined with Ruger's trusted reputation for producing high-quality, reliable firearms.

QUALITY CRAFTED INTO EVERY RIFLE
Improved manufacturing processes create tight tolerances, resulting in a reliable, attractive rifle. Multi-layered quality control procedures, including daily function and accuracy audits and multiple inspections, result in a high-quality product."\

Fiber optic dot with tritium ring front sight for quicker target acquisition in low light, paired with an updated rail system.

Nickel-plated bolt with spiral flutes adds a distinctive, classy look and a smoother action.

Refined stock fit and thinner forend improve aesthetics and ergonomics.
Improved finish on the stock and forend and checkered grip panels provide superior grip in all conditions.
Threaded barrel, with a match-polished, factory-installed thread protector, has a 11/16" x 24 pattern to accommodate a muzzle brake or other barrel accessories.

Ruger-made Marlin® rifles begin with the serial prefix of "RM."

Marlin Horse and Rider logo laser engraved on the grip.

The traditional black and white Marlin bullseye located on the rifle stock is now red and white."

Receiver, lever and trigger guard plate are CNC machined from 416 stainless steel forgings.

Barrel is made of 410 stainless steel and is cold hammer-forged which results in ultra-precise rifling that provides exceptional accuracy and longevity.

Threaded barrel, with factory-installed thread protector, has a 11/16" x 24 pattern to accommodate a muzzle brake or other barrel accessories.

Full-length Picatinny rail allows for the mounting of a variety of optics, including a "Scout" scope.

Built-in, accurate sighting system with adjustable ghost ring rear aperture sight and a fiber optic dot with tritium ring front sight.

Six-round, tubular magazine with a loading gate located on the receiver.

Soft-rubber buttpad effectively absorbs recoil.

Positive, push-button, cross bolt manual safety and traditional half-cock hammer.

Reliably feeds a wide range of .45-70 Govt factory ammunition and bullet types.

Durable, laminate buttstock and forend remain dimensionally stable in varying weather conditions.

Sharp checkering provides an excellent grip in all weather conditions.

Spiral-fluted, nickel-plated bolt aids smooth cycling.

Oversized lever loop provides clearance for operation with heavy gloves.

Slimmed-down forend for an attractive look and comfortable feel.

Also includes: Sling swivel studs, offset hammer spur.

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am definitely intrigued. I have never had an interest in 45-70, but this is exactly what I have been looking for.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Purdy!

Posts: 8572 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Can't wait for the .357 mag version like this!

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1957 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
If these Ruger marlins are the quality I’m counting on, I’ll be purchasing a whole lot of lever actions.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7946 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Loswsmith:
Can't wait for the .357 mag version like this!

Quite right. I will grab one the second I find one.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
https://www.outdoorlife.com/gu...95-sbl-rifle-review/

"What’s Next From Marlin
Marlin picked the Model 1895 SBL for its debut for two simple reasons. One, it is a sexy looking rifle. Two, it was the top seller when the company was owned by Remington. Very soon, however, you can expect to see more offerings from the Ruger-Marlin crew.

The company is being tight-lipped about this, but it is safe to say that in 2022 we’ll see blued metal on these rifles as well as walnut stocks. You can also expect the return of the Marlin Model 1894 as well as the Marlin Model 336.

Read Next: What is the Best Deer Hunting Caliber?

If I were a betting man, I’d say we’ll see 1894s chambered in .38 Special/.357 Rem. Mag., and .44 Special/.44 Rem. Mag. And I’d be shocked if the first chambering of the relaunched Model 336 is anything other than .30/30 Winchester."

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Has anybody read any first-hand accounts of the new "Ruglins" yet? I mean from actual people, not gun magazines or paid reviewers. I'm REALLY looking forward to the 1894s!

Posts: 8572 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
I'm REALLY looking forward to the 1894s!

You and me both. I will have a stainless .357 when they're available.

I'm over their bringing out these first after reading someone's analogy to Glock bringing out the 42 before the 43. Alright, I get it.

Posts: 17135 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Guys just skip the .357 and get it in a proven rifle cartridge, the 30-30. It was a great cartridge decades ago, and still is. Wink

The .357 is actually pretty darn potent out of an 18" barrel, especially if you load it with slow burning powders. I've pushed 158gr bullets up to 1700FPS out of mine. It's not quite up to .30-30 standards, but it's no slouch, either.

I have a .30-30, too, but if I had to pick just one it would be the .357. It's just too much fun at the range.

The .357 buyers are probably not hunters as much as people wanting a fun plinker. And they are very fun to shoot. Not to mention the cowboy action shooters, who all want lever guns in .38 or .357.

I see why they would make 45-70s first, as I think those are big sellers in bear country, and among those who want a big thumper for other reasons. But maybe the reason is something more practical, like they had parts on hand.

Still, I might guess the .357 would sell like hotcakes.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ I kinda hope so, and kinda hope not - they won't get around to the .45 Colts until after they've sold a few boatloads of .38/.357s and .44s first.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
I'm holding out hope that they start offering a new 39M. I always loved their .22lr lever actions

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmepiphany:
I'm holding out hope that they start offering a new 39M. I always loved their .22lr lever actions

Me too. My beat up old 39A leaves the Henry and Rossi options that are on the shelves in my LGS in the dust when it comes to quality. I want something with a shorter barrel, but I just can't bring myself to buy one of those. A Ruger-produced 39M or 39TDS would be just the ticket!