SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Operation Piglet Dawn (1st time hog hunting)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Operation Piglet Dawn (1st time hog hunting) Login/Join 
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted
Went out last night to get some hogs. Friend of mine has access to a little under 800 acres and the pigs are out of control there. It's all new to me but it was a great excuse to finally use my night vision and IR to do something besides punch holes in paper. Learned a lot, one is I want an ambi safety for the AR. Having pigs growling and roaring while thick in the brush and being a little lost is something else. I can understand why people long ago just said welp, there must be monsters. Got one with an IR laser shot from about 40 yards. 1 round of 77gr Razorcore and it dropped. Tough animals. Can't wait to go do it again!

The rifle:

The spoils:

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3597 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Heck yeah. You may consider sharing your NVG experiences in the NVG thread, in an effort to consolidate in one reference thread. Nice rifle; where's the silencer? Is there a reason you didn't use one? What's the circumstance that prompted the desire for an ambi safety? There's some substance here; I hope you can elaborate.

Posts: 2135 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
One hog ain't doing your part to fix an out of control hog problem. C'mon man! Big Grin

Bacon?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19158 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post