SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Sight swap-RRA match and standard ???
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sight swap-RRA match and standard ??? Login/Join 
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted
Does anyone know if I can swap the rear sight from an RRA A2 Match handle onto the RRA Stand Alone sight ?

And vice versa

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6313 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
you should be able to ,

been a while since I have looked at a factory RRA match sight, it may have the extra spring and detent to keep the base straight (one on each side, vs the one on a standard sight)

if so,, you can drill the stand alone , or just not install that extra spring and detent

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
AFAIK all the parts are interchaengeable so there shouldn't be any issues.

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
We will know officially in a few days. I have ordered the special install tool. Although I believe a swap could be made with one or two extra hands. I already have most the AR tools in the world.

SIGnature

Posts: 6313 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Match and standard sights swap easily.
With a little creativity I didn't even need the special spring compress tool.
Had to shorten the stem on the match sight some to work in the RRA stand alone sight. Was easy.

Now I am going to sell the A2 lower with an extra NM upper. All RRA.

SIGnature