SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    What do you use to fill your PCP rifle?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do you use to fill your PCP rifle? Login/Join 
posted
I've got an Air Arms 510 that I really like. The problem is the compressor. It's an Air Venturi Nomad II and will no longer get up to full pressure. From what I've read, it's not unusual for the AV to die fairly quickly despite the $700 price tag. Is there a better compressor out there short of a $10,000 professional model? Getting tanks from a welding or SCUBA shop seems like a pain.

Posts: 8961 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rainmaker5505
posted Hide Post
I have a compressor and tank from Joe Broncato at airtanksforsale.com. I use the tank to fill my guns, and top off the tank as needed. I have his “great white” model of tank, and get a load of fills on my FX impacts before it drops below 3600psi and I start getting partial fills.

"America could use some turpentine, all the way from Hollywierd to New York City." -- Phil Robertson

Posts: 464 | Location: Oxford, PA | Registered: January 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any reason you don't use the compressor directly to the gun? Faster off the tank?

Posts: 8961 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
After my second used SCUBA tank aged out, I got a
Air Venturi EC-3000 EVO Compressor by Hill, from
PyrymidAir.com.

Good performance and dependability.

The reasonably priced air compressors are only for direct to airgun use. They aren't capable of charging SCUBA tanks.

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15903 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It looks like AV may be a brand that Pyramid sticks on a variety of compressors. I feel a little burned by the Nomad, but it is definitely China crap and probably nothing close to the Hill/AV that is made in England. Those Brits know their airguns.

Picture of rainmaker5505
posted Hide Post
Way faster to fill off the tank. 15 seconds or so. I have a few farms where I go and knock pigeons off the silos, or shoot rats. I can shoot all day off my tank. It’s lightweight, and even has a harness with a carry handle. It takes a few hours to top back off with the compressor, but I do that when I’m not shooting. Think of it like filling your magazines before going to the range.

"America could use some turpentine, all the way from Hollywierd to New York City." -- Phil Robertson

Posts: 464 | Location: Oxford, PA | Registered: January 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker5505:
I have a compressor and tank from Joe Broncato at airtanksforsale.com. I use the tank to fill my guns, and top off the tank as needed. I have his “great white” model of tank, and get a load of fills on my FX impacts before it drops below 3600psi and I start getting partial fills.

I also went this route for the tank. He is a solid guy to work with. I didn't get a compressor. There are 3 local shops here that will fill the tank for 10-12 bucks. I just drop it off and pick it up the next day. I use it in the summer to keep 3 guns running for hours simultaneously when friends come over. The tank is big enough to last 3 guns an entire day no problems. I can't remember but it will charge my guns something like 68 times before requiring refill.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4791 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post