SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Stock on a Remington V3?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stock on a Remington V3? Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted
I'm totally unfamiliar with this model, but someone pointed out that the new V3 Tac-13 might be a good start to an SBS.

Looking at photos of the Tac-13 and the field guns, it seems like there's a plate at the end of the receiver on the Tac-13 that isn't there on the field guns. On those, the stock attaches directly to the receiver.

Anyone know if you can just unscrew the birds head grip on the Tac-13 and attach a standard V3 stock?

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
There is a plate on my field gun (26” black synthetic) at the rear of the receiver where the buttstock attaches....where one would place a shim to adjust fit and LOP. It seems like a metal plate though I’ve never removed mine to find out.

Because the recoil system is located entirely at the receiver there is nothing in the buttstock except for buttstock....so one could imagine the possibilities.

0:01

Posts: 4200 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post