SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Nice Gift! Sako L579 in .243
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nice Gift! Sako L579 in .243 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NHForester:
Wonderful rifle and friend. Bittersweet.

My introduction to Sako rifles was shooting a L46 Mannlicher .222 that belonged to a friend of mine. Never felt a trigger like it and although I thought I didn't like that stock style, there was just something about it on that rifle that looked right. A couple of years ago, I saw the same era rifle in my LGS and jumped on it, trying to figure out what I currently owned that I could live without. Smile

Mine is from 1959

Beautiful rifle by the way!

Posts: 937 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice rifle. 243 is a cartridge that I have never messed with. I may need to do so.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
I have the SAKO sporter weight 243 the same age as the OP rifle. Also have a 223 Colt rifle that is really just like a Sako Vixen the same age too. Both are favorites.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6313 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post