SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Aero AR10?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Aero AR10? Login/Join 
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted
I’m real tempted by some of the sales at Primary Arms and AIM Surplus. Looking at a complete 18 or 20 inch 6.5cm upper, and assemble a stripped lower. What type of reliability have you guys seen?

Posts: 9963 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
I run 308 out of an m5 that I assembled out of aero parts. I've had maybe 2 or 3 failures due to cheap steel ammo. Other than that, it's been excellent and a real pleasure to shoot. Just over 2k rounds over the last 2 years.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4789 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Years ago I considered an AR-10. I’ve since gone the M1A & FN-FAL route, with others.

It just seems to me, the AR-10 platform can bring some issues. Yes, could easily be a personal problem.

Posts: 6159 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Hopefully pretty good, I'm piecing a 16" .308 together. They seem to get good reviews, and not terribly expensive. Sounds like with AR10/LR308 stick with same manufacturer for best results and I think a full Aero M5 should be a solid gun... At least I'm banking on it ha.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2445 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of carriganzl
posted Hide Post
My Aero M5 is reliable and I enjoy shooting it. I purchased the lower and assembled upper at different times when Aero would run weekly specials.

SCUBA Diving, going down is what we do best.

Posts: 955 | Location: Western NC | Registered: July 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:
It just seems to me, the AR-10 platform can bring some issues. Yes, could easily be a personal problem.

What issues have you experienced?

Posts: 7873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
I have about 100 rounds through my Aero Precision and it has been flawless. It has also gotten more accurate as time has went on.

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3693 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
What issues have you experienced?

It's a trap!

Posts: 2151 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post