SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Looking for impressions on the PSA JAKL
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for impressions on the PSA JAKL Login/Join 
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted
If you own a JAKL, please tell me what you think. I did a search but did not find any actual range reports. I’m aware a rifle from PSA can be great or have problems.

The main points I’m reading are they function well, but are not well balanced and are very front-heavy.

Your impressions please. There are a zillion Youtube reviews, but I want to hear from Forum members.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10530 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of the zillion YouTube reviewers got one with an out-of-spec picatinny top rail. Recoil lugs on his mounts wouldn't seat. Same mounts worked on his other guns. He measured the slot width with pin gauges, and found them to be undersized.

Could be a fluke, or an example of an early gun, and those issues have since been worked-out.

I don't own a JAKL, but I thought you might like to know that snippet, if you hadn't seen it.

Posts: 2454 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
The early guns definitely had some issues. Most of them have been addressed.

Posts: 10530 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Looks like nobody here has one. Maybe I’ll go in another direction.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
J,

I have it, but since I'm too unmotivated to go to the range, I was reluctant to post anything without actual an shooting experience. Your comment about early issues that have been ironed out is correct. From a handling perspective, it's a piston gun, so, when you've been so used to handling/shooting the DI AR, it is noticeably heavier. The one with the skeleton stock definitely feels front heavy, but, with the F5 stock, it becomes more balanced to me. The gun seems solidly made. The only thing that annoys me is reassembling the bolt/carrier/piston assembly into the upper. It took a bit of jiggling around until the damn thing (rod) lines up properly to slide completely in. That's all I have for now.

Q

Posts: 27446 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I'm interested to hear a range report as well. I'm kinda intrigued by these. I've shot an MCX, and this seems like a more affordable way to get into something similar. I'd also be interested to hear how it stacks up against a BRN-180.

Posts: 9163 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
I had a SIG 516, and I remember really disliking the front heavy balance. That, and the fact that SIG wouldn’t sell us any parts, caused me to sell it. PSA doesn’t even list the weight of the Jakl on their web site.

But as mentioned, it is intriguing.

Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Q,

You’ve had that gun for a year, take it out and shoot it! I saw the pic you posted awhile back.