SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Reviews of Tikka T3x TAC A1 rifles in 6.5 Creedmoor and 308 Win. (New 308 groups 8Oct22)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reviews of Tikka T3x TAC A1 rifles in 6.5 Creedmoor and 308 Win. (New 308 groups 8Oct22) Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I never really gave smoothness of rifle bolt operation too much thought, but in watching precision rifle competitions in recent times and seeing some of the baulks and stutters that people have under pressure, I should be glad of the Tikka’s operation. Smile

And although I’ve never made a study and analysis of the issue, or even looked at many different bolt actions, it’s never been clear to me why they can’t all be like that. Sako also has the reputation of a very smooth bolt mechanism that I first saw praised 40 some years ago. Okay: What’s the difference?

7/93

Posts: 46110 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
I never really gave smoothness of rifle bolt operation too much thought, but in watching precision rifle competitions in recent times and seeing some of the baulks and stutters that people have under pressure, I should be glad of the Tikka’s operation. Smile

And although I’ve never made a study and analysis of the issue, or even looked at many different bolt actions, it’s never been clear to me why they can’t all be like that. Sako also has the reputation of a very smooth bolt mechanism that I first saw praised 40 some years ago. Okay: What’s the difference?

Well my old Finnbear isn't that smooth, but it isn't bad either. My Cooper was the first I had with a really smooth bolt. The others, eh they are ok. You learn to work the bolt correctly and most are just fine but the Tikka one I can slide either way with my pinky and almost no pressure. A world apart from most others.

If Tikka comes out with a T3x Super Varmint in lefty, that will be my next purchase. Heck if they came out with that in 220 Swift I'd happily pay a premium for that, but 22-250 would do.

Posts: 26 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 13, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
sigfreund, did Beretta ever send you your free mag?

I'm still waiting, I put in Aug 18th... I'm thinking at this point BerettaUSA is going to stiff me on it.

Posts: 26 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 13, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jxb:
sigfreund, did Beretta ever send you your free mag?

No, and I never followed up on the date of purchase thing, so if I get it I will be a little surprised.

7/93

Posts: 46110 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Honestly, I don't think BerettaUSA has any intention of making good on that offer. I know they did for some folks, but lots of others they didn't. I thought maybe those folks simply didn't submit correctly, but I actually have the confirmation e-mail from them saying it was submitted and when to expect my code. Opening a support case and still not fulfilled kinda tops off that BerettaUSA isn't interested in fulfilling it.

I might buy more Tikka in the future, but not a dime on anything else under BerettaUSA, they can go pound sand.

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jxb:
Honestly, I don't think BerettaUSA has any intention of making good on that offer.

Business 101: No offer at all would have been infinitely better than one that was mishandled or otherwise left many people dissatisfied.

7/93