SIGforum
Added a Wood Look to My Galil Ace & AR's

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/7470009324

May 07, 2017, 06:30 PM
Accomplice
Added a Wood Look to My Galil Ace & AR's
Had some extended rail covers hydro dipped in a wood grain pattern...

AR's with wood

Roswell Crash - July, 1947, CIA Formed - Sept, 1947
May 07, 2017, 09:15 PM
Excam_Man
Those look very nice.

May 08, 2017, 10:12 AM
arabiancowboy
Thats cool. I've always liked the look of wood. Any chance to simulate that on a lower as well?
May 08, 2017, 10:27 AM
Accomplice
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:
Thats cool. I've always liked the look of wood. Any chance to simulate that on a lower as well?

Thanks. I'm thinking of having a mag body and the stock done next.

May 08, 2017, 11:15 AM
2tonicP220
That's neat, kinda like those G3's sporting wood. Ive' been rocking old school IMI wood, going on a few decades.

Blasphemy, but I want to get an orig IMI polymer forend, lose the carrying handle and bipod, and create something like this:

Can always switch back-n-forth, so why not.

May 08, 2017, 01:14 PM
RogueJSK
Looking good!

Did you have to modify your Ace to get the Alien Armor Railguard to sit that far back? The other photos I've seen have the AA guards positioned further forward, with some circular pieces on the Ace limiting them from going any further back.

(I'm excited to see the Alien Armor Railguard in action. I've been eyeing a .308 Ace, but the ultra-short handguard was a big negative for me.)
May 08, 2017, 01:45 PM
Accomplice
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Looking good!

Did you have to modify your Ace to get the Alien Armor Railguard to sit that far back? The other photos I've seen have the AA guards positioned further forward, with some circular pieces on the Ace limiting them from going any further back.

(I'm excited to see the Alien Armor Railguard in action. I've been eyeing a .308 Ace, but the ultra-short handguard was a big negative for me.)

Yeah, I had to go full retard with a Dremel to get it that far back. The polymer pic. rails on the Ace also had to be filed a bit as they were a couple of thousandths too large.

May 10, 2017, 06:35 PM
1KPerDay
Slick! Looks a bit like my Vepr.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.