SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Flintlock Fun
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Flintlock Fun Login/Join 
posted
So my Sgt. is a huge US history fan right now on a Revolutionary War kick. So I brought a surprise along to our Patrol Rifle shoot....
Miroku Brown Bess and a Navy Arms 1795.
They made a BIG impression!

Bill R

Posts: 1121 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I think “Flashguy” would approve.

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Fintlocks seperate the truly hard holders from everyone else.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Eye protection or you don't get to shoot it!

Posts: 11315 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Neat. How do you like the Miroku Brown Bess?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
Eye protection or you don't get to shoot it!

Good catch on that! I was back behind and couldn’t see it missing. We chatted about it....

Bill R

Posts: 1121 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Neat. How do you like the Miroku Brown Bess?

This is one of those deals where you “accidentally” end up with two guns.... I bought the Miroku on Gunbroker, just so I could have one for my “All the US Service Rifles” collection. Despite the fact that it was neither US nor a rifle, still...
Then a month later, I took a chance on the Pedersoli version off a local listing sight unseen because it was like $300.

I think I actually like the looks of the Miroku, despite the famous bent trigger guard. I am guessing the Pedersoli will shoot better, I just haven’t gotten around to trying it out yet.

This was my first time trying a flintlock, wasn’t really sure what It was going to be. Turns out tons of fun all around, and I will definitely be taking the Pedersoli out next time I go.

Might even need to look into a smaller cal Pennsylvania rifle...

Bill R

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Despite the fact that it was neither US nor a rifle, still...

Big Grin Well, technically it would've been a foreign capture, but U.S. troops (not to mention Mexican troops in the Mexican-American War) were certainly issued them.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So far I have managed the following:
Brown Bess (repro)
Springfield 1795 (repro)
Springfield 1842
Springfield 1866 Allen Conversion
1873 Trapdoor Springfield
1896 Krag
1898 Krag
1903 Springfield
1917 Winchester
M1 Garand
M1 Carbine
M14 (Semi auto clone)
Colt 601 clone
M16A1 clone

Still need a few pieces to fill out everything. Then it’s down to figuring out how to display them all...

Bill R

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:
Despite the fact that it was neither US nor a rifle, still...

Big Grin Well, technically it would've been a foreign capture

In my thinking it would have been more like a Confederate soldier getting his hands on a Union Springfield Model 1861.

Posts: 33764 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
I went old school flintlock blunderbuss.

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post